So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you didn't break anything? Awesome!
Nope! I drove it broken! Lol
The only thing that is broke is the rings and seals in one of the rear shocks, and it leaked all of its oil. So rear suspension is just springy. Gonna have to see if Traxxas has a rebuild kit for them. Or get new ones overall. What I have now is the same as stock but all aluminum (Traxxas big bores)
I wasn't sending it off jumps / curbs so that's why it didn't break.
That leaky shock has been like that for like 2 past races.

It was mow the grass or play with RCs.....🤔😜
20230827_152703.jpg
20230827_152716.jpg
20230827_170635.jpg
20230827_171731.jpg
20230827_171841.jpg
20230827_172318.jpg

Currently just finished mowing. About to weedeat with my km91r. But it feeds this addiction. 🤣

We went grocery shopping, ran errands, then came home and jumped in the pool. Only another few weeks of pool weather. No rc fun this weekend. I've been promised I can play next weekend for the three day weekend. :)

Is the cold weather coming? So, it'll be cooling off way down into the 90's? 🥶
When we hit the lower 90's and the upper 80's the over night temps drop down to the 60's the pool water can't hold the temps. It needs a week in the mid to upper 90's to get the water warm enough to swim.

The latest in the year I've ever gotten in was Oct.1st and the was pretty freakin cold. We are talking shrinkage cold. :eek: Mid Sept. Is usually the latest.

Swim season is typically Memorial day to Labor day give or take a week or two. It still gets freakin' hot but not enough consecutive days to keep the pool warm. Then I get to stare at it all winter while it looks so inviting, but would send me into cardiac arrest if I dared to try it. 🤣

Last edited:
MT10 did a test run on the backyard 33ft (1/10 scale 1/16mi) grass drag strip. Don't have the required 66ft shutdown, so am limiting runs to 60% THR setting. Shut down is 33ft and am leaving a patch of tall grass at the end as a safety 'catch net'.

Have built a bracket ladder for the next event. With three trucks to race there is only a semi-final and a final. Last events winner (MT10 in this case) gets the semi-final bye run.

Cooling off here, AT LAST! 2024 season for me begins Sept. 20th. Cheers. 'AC'

20230913_122725_Forum Resize.jpg