So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had an ice storm yesterday, into late last night. While the snow clearing was a total pain, the frozen terrain made for good crawling. It was cold and windy, but it was dry and sunny.
0205221449b.jpg
0205221451.jpg
0205221457.jpg
0205221454.jpg
0205221502b.jpg
0205221508.jpg
0205221509b.jpg
0205221512.jpg

Last weekend's ice storm encased my crawling courses under several inches of frozen snow and ice, but the last several days unseasonably warm temp is slowly getting my courses back. There was enough exposed rocks for me to try RigorMortis'(SCX24) new Injora super swamper copies for the first time in the outdoors. It wasn't up to par with RC4WD Mud Slingers, but it actually did quite well.
0210221630.jpg
0210221629.jpg
0210221629e.jpg
0210221636a.jpg
0210221633b.jpg
0210221643.jpg

Last edited:
Ran the fireteam on 6s all weekend in the snow and ice. Loving this thing. Had a dozen or so 100’ plus launches off the snow plow bill. Broke nothing. Put it in the shower over night to dry. Haven’t t had it out in the dry weather yet but I’m approving of it as of now. It’s worth the price.

Ran my gen8 v2 out in yard for the time…unseasonably warm today in Ct in the 60’s
Just crawled around on the rock wall in backyard…goes pretty good although I will be tucking in the bumpers and or looking for options. Anyone got any suggestions on the bumpers 🤘🏻🤘🏻
B75AB0CF-FA5C-4D50-9EDD-9AA7423D2A58.jpeg
B9CCAFFE-0C54-4982-8B88-DDE56E3F69EC.jpeg

Ran my gen8 v2 out in yard for the time…unseasonably warm today in Ct in the 60’s
Just crawled around on the rock wall in backyard…goes pretty good although I will be tucking in the bumpers and or looking for options. Anyone got any suggestions on the bumpers 🤘🏻🤘🏻View attachment 141847View attachment 141848
We came close to 60° here in my neck of the woods (NH).
Your Scout is looking awesome, Man!

We came close to 60° here in my neck of the woods (NH).
Your Scout is looking awesome, Man!
Thanks…I’m slowly learning how to use the wife’s Cricut pirinter…gonna try & make some decals for behind the back wheel, didn’t like the placement when I put original stickers on and it stretched when I tried to remove it 🤷🏼‍♂️
Rigor Mortis is looking good 👊🏻

Today I had out both the Axial SCX24 Deadbolts, the FMS Atlas6x6 and the Easyrc FJ or whatever cute name they gave it.

I learned today the EasyRc FJ is a lousy crawler, definately trail truck only. Forgot to get a pic of it on the trail but it does look great, very scale.

The Deadbolts and Atlas took another crack at Mt Doom today. You can see pics in the in the Crawler Chronicles thread as soon as I get it posted.

My little monster and I ran the 1/24s in the living room. She is five but still hasn't figured out how to steer and accelerate at the same time.:D
I'm 50, and still trying to figure out why I still play with toy cars! 😁

Starting messing around with the smaller Cricut joy printer my wife has, here’s a decal i found that I liked…I think it looks pretty good 😎
I also made a couple stencils for my ramp
1DE3A2C5-088F-4AEE-9B52-3005A4D6BDE1.jpeg
F78D4813-A4E0-4F59-A5C0-AA2E2444EA3F.jpeg

Starting messing around with the smaller Cricut joy printer my wife has, here’s a decal i found that I liked…I think it looks pretty good 😎
I also made a couple stencils for my ramp View attachment 141875View attachment 141876
Looks like a storm trooper.

Personally, I think that giant skull would look better on the roof. It just takes away from the stripes on the hood, which I really like! Just my 2 cents.

New Scx24 I finished. 4 wheel steer. Messed with the gearing and shocks. She compresses on forward and raises at reverse. Absolutely loving this one! 4 wheel steer makes it completely different.

New Scx24 I finished. 4 wheel steer. Messed with the gearing and shocks. She compresses on forward and raises at reverse. Absolutely loving this one! 4 wheel steer makes it completely different.

I always thought the long part of this Furitek chassis was the front.
So, I'm guessing you used the Deadbolt links and driveshafts for this build?

I always thought the long part of this Furitek chassis was the front.
So, I'm guessing you used the Deadbolt links and driveshafts for this build?
Correct. the short parts the front. I used deadbolt links for it. I do like this furytek kit a lot more than the standard aluminum bouncer. Better quality, a lot more thought went in to this one.