Setting the Slipper Clutch for 2.8 MT tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Planning on putting my big 2.8 Duratrax lockups on my rustler. Last time I burned up the transmission case, input shaft, and spur gear. This time I got a HR Steel spur (86t, 48p) I will put in a 14t pinion. I will keep an eye on the motor temps. Last time I either had my clutch too tight or too loose. For on road traxxas recommends the slipper to be 1/4 turn from full lock. For off road they recommend 3/4 a turn from full lock. I was thinking either 3/4th a turn or a full turn from full lock. I don't want to burn up a transmission again.

Planning on putting my big 2.8 Duratrax lockups on my rustler. Last time I burned up the transmission case, input shaft, and spur gear. This time I got a HR Steel spur (86t, 48p) I will put in a 14t pinion. I will keep an eye on the motor temps. Last time I either had my clutch too tight or too loose. For on road traxxas recommends the slipper to be 1/4 turn from full lock. For off road they recommend 3/4 a turn from full lock. I was thinking either 3/4th a turn or a full turn from full lock. I don't want to burn up a transmission again.
Id run it 1/4 - 1/2 turn from all the way in. The slipper being too loose is what caused the the tranny case to melt in the first place cuz it was slipping to much and caused excessive healt build up in the slipper.

Id run it 1/4 - 1/2 turn from all the way in. The slipper being too loose is what caused the the tranny case to melt in the first place cuz it was slipping to much and caused excessive healt build up in the slipper.
Yea I usually do 1/4 to 1/2 a turn from full lock anyways. I'm planning on getting a center slipper for the buggy since I might be running on carpet more. But the 2 pad conversation kit is 55 dollars. Might take a pause on parts for a few weeks. Maybe even a month. I think yesterday I did 3/4 a turn on the slash. Apparently I stripped a spur gear last time I bashed it and that's why I didn't drive it at the track the other day.

Well, for running on loose dirt, I will set the slipper while giving the RC vehicle bursts of full throttle while on a surface that has more traction than loose dirt. If I have to, I'll set the slipper on the actual surface that I'll be running on, but err on the side of tighter rather than looser.

people can give you there advice but i the end you will have to adjust slipper correct any rcs slipper will be different.

Back