Servo twitching when breaking

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea ,I sometimes use steering servo's or high torque servo for throttle ,if you aren't really doing
any hard bashing or you are just doing street & parking lot street runs ,then you don't need any
fancy heavy duty servo!..👍
Is the ProTek RC 100T a decent servo? A lot of good reviews I see.

all of protek is ,they are one of the best an pricey ,lol.. I was even watching one
on auction ,that would be the only way that I can afford one!..😂
I need to buy 2 servos. One throttle/break and also steering because both of them are dead now. twitching and not connecting to the remote. I would like something that would last me for my money. especially this type of car

Yea ,I was going to mention maybe you should buy new servo's!
I've also had to deal with old glitchy servo's myself here just recently ,after
getting back in the hobby after a 10 year stretch ,I found that my old servo's
are worn an glitchy ,in fact ,I think I actually have a vid of one doing a glitch dance!..😂
I too have been needing new updated servo's!

By the way ,that Gt2 is a wanted car an is sought after ,nice car!..😍👍
Actually, that is GT1, GT2 has dual disc brakes. Either one is a nice car.

I already sent the picture but now whenever i turn on the car both of the servos are freaking out and doing stuff that shouldn’t be happening 😂
Ok, so you tired all the other things I said, like going somewhere else (because there may have been radio interference), ect? I'm sorry to say it, but maybe you're gonna need new servos. Did you get the car new? How long has it been sitting in the box? Also do a quick search, see if others in the web with your same car have this issue.

Edit: Whoops, you said it was a 2008 model, so it has some years on it. Did you bind the RX/TX correctly (a re-bind won't hurt!), and set the endpoints/trim for the servos?

Yea ,most new style receiver can handle them with the 7.4 2's Lipo!..👍
I run the HV Reedy for throttle & HV 458 Send-it servo for steering with Speky 315 rec. on
a 7.4 2's rec. battery!..😎
I've heard that HV servos on a normal non-HV receiver, are power hungry. It might have been you who said that actually! My servo is a normal, non-HV one, and I'm running it off my trusty DumboRC X6 RX.

I've heard that HV servos on a normal non-HV receiver, are power hungry. It might have been you who said that actually! My servo is a normal, non-HV one, and I'm running it off my trusty DumboRC X6 RX.

I was using an HV servo for steering & normal servo for throttle one time with a bad battery pack ,
the HV steering servo would lock up to one side ,so I bought a lipo rec. battery an it quit ,so the battery being
weak caused that ,but the weak battery was fine running 2 normal servo's ,i just had to charge the battery
more often ,but eventually I threw it away!

I was using an HV servo for steering & normal servo for throttle one time with a bad battery pack ,
the HV steering servo would lock up to one side ,so I bought a lipo rec. battery an it quit ,so the battery being
weak caused that ,but the weak battery was fine running 2 normal servo's ,i just had to charge the battery
more often ,but eventually I threw it away!
So basically the battery couldn't handle the HV servo and the normal servo at the same time?

I have two new Losi 5th scale servo's ,a Protek HV servo an another Lipo receiver battery coming!.
Once you start using a Lipo for a receiver battery & HV servo's ,you will never use a cheap standard
servo again!..:hehe::hehe::hehe:
Dang! Well, with this smaller scale stuff, you don't really need HV servos, both front tires are under 150g total! (I think it's like 58 grams for each whole front wheel)! For the bigger scale stuff, HV servos would probably be a no brainer!

Back