Throttle Staying Open For A Few Seconds Even When Released

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

safrazssears

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I recently got myself a Kyosho Inferno Neo 3.0 1/8 Scale.
I had a few wrecks with it eventually leading to the chassis being slightly bent, and I ordered a replacement chassis.

However, before even replacing the chassis, I began to notice that at higher RPMs, around half throttle, the throttle remains open even when released on the transmitter and the car will continue to run at that pace for up to about 10 seconds. At this point it's going pretty quick, with no ability to stop it on the receiver (no throttle release effect, and no brake), I am only able to steer.

I went ahead and swapped the chassis, and verified all of the electricals; power was there, servos seemed to be responsive to the transmitter (both steering and throttle), and nothing out of the ordinary on that end.
The receiver has a fail sale as well, which I verified is working by turning off the transmitted and confirming that the fail safe activated, putting the car into full brake position.

I am convinced that this isn't an issue with the signal between the transmitter and the receiver, because when the car gets stuck in high RPM, I use the steering to prevent the car from crashing until it eventually lets off the throttle and comes to a stop - so the connection is definitely there.
I think it's also important to note that while this high RPM occurs, I try to apply the brake on the transmitter, but nothing happens, the car just continues to run until the RPM eventually drops and the brake will then finally work again.

When the engine isn't running and I investigate the action of the throttle servo, it seems to be snappy, and never getting stuck, but the moment I start the engine and run the car (both in the air and on ground), this throttle sticking occur, and I can literally see on the car that the throttle is open.
I was thinking that maybe there's an issue with either the throttle servo, the connection between the servo and the receiver, or the receiver itself - but, if that were the case, why would this issue only present itself while the engine is running?

So, electricals are working and the signal is there between the receiver and transmitter (since I can steer and the failsafe doesn't activate), but only when running the engine and accelerating to 50% or above, the throttle gets momentarily stuck with no ability to brake via the transmitter, only the ability to steer the car clear of crashing until the engine drops the revs at which point the brake works again.

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening here? I'm entry level, so still learning my way around the mechanics of these, but I am completely stumped here. It's hard to understand why the throttle control is acting differently when the engine is running vs not running.

As a side note, I also kind of noticed that this throttle sticking begins to occur more and more as the engine heats up, if that's worth anything.

Thank you!

I also have an Inferno Neo 3.0 and I actually just had the exact same problem as you were describing. I was planning on just replacing the servo with an extra one I had lying around but I haven’t gotten to it yet. Maybe try swapping the throttle and steering servo to double check that it’s not electrical? The heat and vibration could be causing the problem. And when you have the throttle linkage disconnected check that it moves smoothly and it’s not sticky. I wish I could tell you more besides “I have the same problem” lol

I also have an Inferno Neo 3.0 and I actually just had the exact same problem as you were describing. I was planning on just replacing the servo with an extra one I had lying around but I haven’t gotten to it yet. Maybe try swapping the throttle and steering servo to double check that it’s not electrical? The heat and vibration could be causing the problem. And when you have the throttle linkage disconnected check that it moves smoothly and it’s not sticky. I wish I could tell you more besides “I have the same problem” lol

Thank you! As I think of it more and more, I am realizing that it has to be electrical, specifically an issue with the servo that might only be occurring due to the heat and vibration like you pointed out, since I'm not really aware of any mechanical issues on the carb slide that might cause this.

I haven't gotten around to swapping or replacing the servo, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Appreciate the feedback!

Back