Servo saver kraton 6s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshaf

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Long story short, steering has been crap on my used kraton 6s recently purchased. Installed new 35kg servo, was a bit better but not much. Think problem is my servo saver. In attached pic, is bottom knurled nut supposed to be screwed all the way hand tight? It was quite loose and took a handful of turns to tighten it up. Seems like the turning radius has been getting much larger last few runs

20240406_163153.jpg

Answered my own question. Tightening the threaded collar tight 100% fixed the steering. Now only problem is in reverse on concrete front tires sway back and forth like crazy, doesn't happen on grass though. Thought the loose spring would fix this

Answered my own question. Tightening the threaded collar tight 100% fixed the steering. Now only problem is in reverse on concrete front tires sway back and forth like crazy, doesn't happen on grass though. Thought the loose spring would fix this
Wiggle the wheels and locate where there might be play in the linkage. Are your bearings in the hubs ok?

Not sure about the bearings, will have to check. Glad I finally got the terrible steering fixed though by tightening servo spring, it had the turning radius of a semi

Might try tighten the front shock collars down some. And possibly some 60k front diff fluid. Mine Notorious did that until I did the HD servo saver, cranked on the shock collars some, & did the fluid

The wiggling when your truck goes backwards is normal for a truck with a little wear on it. I recommend an EXB V2 Kraton bellcrank for your truck. All my 6s Arrmas have them now and they're worth their weight in gold. They're as tight as a sevo killer but don't kill your servos.

It's not uncommon for RCs to wiggle whrn going in reverse; they are designed to go forwards :)

The wiggling when your truck goes backwards is normal for a truck with a little wear on it. I recommend an EXB V2 Kraton bellcrank for your truck. All my 6s Arrmas have them now and they're worth their weight in gold. They're as tight as a sevo killer but don't kill your servos.
Will do, this one should do??

Screenshot_20240407_082546_Chrome.jpg

I managed to bend the stock alu ackerman plate and had to get a thicker 7075 one. This one looks pretty crappy.

Aluminium doesn't slide against aluminium so its a bad choice for a servo saver.

I managed to bend the stock alu ackerman plate and had to get a thicker 7075 one. This one looks pretty crappy.

Aluminium doesn't slide against aluminium so its a bad choice for a servo saver.
Which one exactly would u recommend?

Get an original Arrma EXB setup like Ramp addict said. Check out Jenny's RC, they part out RCs and sell parts at a good price.

I just cranked the spring down on my old Kraton's saver and was pretty happy with the steering. The plate I got from a UK manufacturer if I remember correctly.

But all you need is to tighten that saver and make sure it stays tight. Whatever you do, just don't get that Chinesium alloy stuff from Amazon. :)

It's the castor effect that's going on while RC is in reverse... axles/wheels are trying to center themselves.

Back