Servo 2065-reversing servo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a jato and a revo. I screwed up the trans in the revo and will have that fixed as soon as the new one lands. I have had very good luck with them so far. Knock on wood! I agree tho, their forum is WAY off base and have no use for it. I have not dealt with traxxas directly so I have no comment there.

All of those brands listed will have minis available for you. Its a question of compatibility with your radio system. That is something I have no experience with.

I have been buying parts and accessories from RC superstore, everyone I have dealt with there were very polite and helpful and they seem to have the best prices and eBay always seem to have the best prices overall.

Def touch base with them. I'm sure they can steer you to the right servo and you'll be set!

s_l225_ZP3_JJ1_BM.jpg
image hosting 5mb

since I'm keeping the traxxas servo, anyone have any speculation on what went wrong with the servo? I'm going to dissect it anyways. I have never taken one apart

Stripped gears and fried motors seem to be common issues in general but taking it apart for diagnosis will answer all questions for sure. Either way, it's nothing a big a$$ hammer wouldn't fix! :hehe:

Install a FOC and never have to worry about the servo again.
OK SM, quit with the big words no one but you understand and explain what "FOC" is

here's what a mini looks like compared to a typical one, just if no one else has ever seen one like myself.

DSC_1300.JPG

Last edited:
Forward Only Conversion. Removes reverse from the picture. Cuz everyone has SUCH A HARD TIME with reverse!!!:rolleyes:

yes Mike and thanks, I have heard this but I believe the majority of the problems are operators errors. This is the only problem I have had with the reverse and it is definitely mechanical failure. I use reverse quite a bit and to do away with it is not an option. I do not like walking 100yds because a clump of grass has a hold of me or being head on against a chain link fence. I sometimes drive on a soccer field which is 270 yards in length and 100 yards across. The 270 yard field is actually 2 fields in length with approximately 70 yards in between them depending on the class players playing, to walk that distance with the motor running and stuck dead takes a bit of time and causes mood changes especially when it's 100* outside.

I wasn't recommending it, just explaining it. My revo still has reverse and will keep it with the new trans too... Unless I kill the new trans too... Then a full metal gear, foc is the only real option for me. As much as I like reverse, if it comes with the cost of not running for extended periods of down time, it's history! I run on baseball fields etc too and yes, when I roll on the other side of the field at 100° in humidity, it sux! I know what you mean as far as how annoying it would be to have to chase it for a simple wrong turn!

I would recommend that when you replace that servo, you make sure that all the rods... ALL of them are adjusted properly. Be sure that you aren't overdriving them by pushing anything past its physical locking point etc... That may have been your issue to start. Just because it passed traxxas quality control doesn't mean it was set RIGHT. I am not trying to slam, it's a possibility with any manufacturer.

Last edited:
Lol! Those little smiley faces crack me up!

Back