Servo 2065-reversing servo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tape

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Has anyone's reversing servo give out? I just lost mine today. It must be a really LOW quality servo for it to go out in only 6 months. Technically maybe a total of 30mins of actual use, 15mins to the left and 15 to the right. Comparing it to the throttle or turning servo's it is purely crap. I sent Traxxas support an email and I am going to take a wild guess and say they won't even bother to reply but expect me to call them directly.

Anyone think I am jumping conclusions?

So far I have had better luck than you with my stock traxxas servos but it doesn't mean everyone will have good luck with them. In general, the stock radios and gear from a manufacturer are not of the high quality that you would hope to get... This is true of traxxas and ae for sure... The list can go on and on but those I have dealt with first hand. While I do not think, if you've only gotten 30 mins of use that you are jumping the gun at all, you may also want to consider purchasing a higher quality servo from a better manufacturer and maybe keep your traxxas as back ups in case anything weird happens with the 'good servos' so to speak. Just a thought. Good luck!

you know Mike, if I had posted this thread on Traxxas forum I would have received an infraction or banned. I know this because I posted something similar and received an infraction and a loud PM from the admin as well, instead of receiving it as a feedback they took it personally. That is the reason for me staying away from that dictatorship forum.

The only time mods have gotten involved in my posting here is if I posted my thread in a wrong place... No vicious beatdowns and harsh words left.
I have heard of a few ppl getting censored on the traxxas forums. I never bothered to sign on there. After reading some of the threads, I didn't feel any desire to be a part of the circus there.
Ppl here have been pretty ok so far! :thumbs-up::D
Its just this thing they have with initiation that's rough...:bowtothercnt:

I think this is one of the better RC forums and the reason for that is the staff here do not bother with petty issues or abuse their authority just because they could, I have noticed that as long as people act civil to one another without childish behavior they feel there is no reason to intervene.

Definitely one of the best I've seen and been involved with!

Lol! Notice I didn't go there! I read a pretty heated thread about that just this morn! Lol! To each his own. Even if it's a HUGE mistake!!!

I think every manufacture puts out a weak servo ,usually its a throttle servo!
One stock steering servo that I dearly love ,is the Ae 2008 steering servo ,its very
durable.

I've been having issues with my baja throttle servo ,but I don't think its the servo's themselves ,
I went through three an one was a heavy duty one.
They keep burning up ,overheating an melting.I've had to unplug the servo from receiver after
each run.

Agreed. The Baja is the 1/5 scale right? Those MUST be a lil pricey! I ended up with a big futaba servo back in the day that went in the center of my Blackfoot... It works killer to this day... As do most of my old servos... Sucks they aren't digital! Anyways, to put into perspective... I ALL the time I was learning and HAMMERING away on my old electric kits from back in the days when the optima and mids were new... I only stripped the gears on one futaba servo. I was running FAST with the tekin esc and checkpoint motors... The arms on the optima broke easy and often, so steering damage was common.
Point being, a company who builds servos exclusively wants to be known for their durability and reliability... I don't know anyone who bought a buggy because the ready to run servos were good!

Agreed. The Baja is the 1/5 scale right? Those MUST be a lil pricey! I ended up with a big futaba servo back in the day that went in the center of my Blackfoot... It works killer to this day... As do most of my old servos... Sucks they aren't digital! Anyways, to put into perspective... I ALL the time I was learning and HAMMERING away on my old electric kits from back in the days when the optima and mids were new... I only stripped the gears on one futaba servo. I was running FAST with the tekin esc and checkpoint motors... The arms on the optima broke easy and often, so steering damage was common.
Point being, a company who builds servos exclusively wants to be known for their durability and reliability... I don't know anyone who bought a buggy because the ready to run servos were good!

I don't think they are pricey!
I think that the servo's on the 5 th scale need to handle the higher battery power!
The 1/4 scale servo does because its bigger in size!

Ae stock throttle servo's are junk from factory,I had several that just quit!,so it just isn't Traxxas
that put out junk!...LOL

I think all brands put out a low budget standard servo!....If its nitro ,you will have a cheap throttle servo an atleast
a halfway decent steering servo!...Ae ,however made a descent steering servo for the Mgt. which was the Ae2008.
Iwould be glad to use that servo for a throttle servo because they are also descent in price!...:cool:

I just got done speaking with Steve; Traxxas Customer Support.
I just found out that my $600 Truck has a 30 warranty LOL, he said I needed to send in the servo and for them to repair it would cost 15$ and 5$ shipping, I told them to forget it, I can get a new one for 23$, screw them and the traxxas they rode in on!!!!! They preach about how decorated their products are and how proud they are of them but it comes with a 30 warranty, that doesn't spell confidence in my book of definitions. if I knew this I doubt I would have bought it. Is this a typical warranty for all brands RC vehicles?
If it is I think that a load of BS! 30 days geshhhh, I should have bought it from Wal-mart that way I would have got a 90 return NQA. For those that do not believe that; I bought a Garrett AT Pro metal detector which has a 14 day return policy from Garrett but since I purchased it from Wal-Mart I have a 90 return from them. I have a Wal-Mart credit card so I called CS and I was told by them who are headquartered in Bentonville, Ark that I can return it within 90 days. I know not all purchases are 90 day like computers, CD's etc but it is with the majority of their products.

Anyways I'm done whining about this and need to order parts. Everyone thanks for your time in replying and your suggestions, very helpful for sure.

Any time! Sorry to,hear it worked out like that but you'll be so happy with a Jew servo that actually works right and is durable!!! Best of luck!!!

I just got done speaking with Steve; Traxxas Customer Support.
I just found out that my $600 Truck has a 30 warranty LOL, he said I needed to send in the servo and for them to repair it would cost 15$ and 5$ shipping, I told them to forget it, I can get a new one for 23$, screw them and the traxxas they rode in on!!!!! They preach about how decorated their products are and how proud they are of them but it comes with a 30 warranty, that doesn't spell confidence in my book of definitions. if I knew this I doubt I would have bought it. Is this a typical warranty for all brands RC vehicles?
If it is I think that a load of BS! 30 days geshhhh, I should have bought it from Wal-mart that way I would have got a 90 return NQA. For those that do not believe that; I bought a Garrett AT Pro metal detector which has a 14 day return policy from Garrett but since I purchased it from Wal-Mart I have a 90 return from them. I have a Wal-Mart credit card so I called CS and I was told by them who are headquartered in Bentonville, Ark that I can return it within 90 days. I know not all purchases are 90 day like computers, CD's etc but it is with the majority of their products.

Anyways I'm done whining about this and need to order parts. Everyone thanks for your time in replying and your suggestions, very helpful for sure.

Lol.....Cost more in shipping then what its worth !

This is what I had that couldn't handle high voltage!
Although ,they are nice an a great deal!
s_l225_XN38976_U.jpg
image upload no size limit

This is a good deal to use as a throttle servo!
javascript:;

Last edited:
In my revo, the shift servo is a mini servo. I don't know if a bigger one was fitted in after I bought mine or not. Also not sure if a regular size servo will fit into the location and operate properly etc...

I think all brands put out a low budget standard servo!....If its nitro ,you will have a cheap throttle servo an atleast
a halfway decent steering servo!...Ae ,however made a descent steering servo for the Mgt. which was the Ae2008.
Iwould be glad to use that servo for a throttle servo because they are also descent in price!...:cool:
cb the throttle servo works very well, I wonder if they are all built but the same company in China and labeled out when they ship them?? I think about getting a Japanese reversing servo since they are 1/2 the size of a typical servo, we all know the Japanese build the best of everything miniature.

What are the "Name Brand" servos? I don't plan on skimping on any replacement parts for my Revo and I am no way supporting traxxas when I replace parts unless there is no option. I've bought only 2 Nitro vehicles and they happened to be Traxxas. It's not that I hate traxxas, its just I do not like there business practices and HATE their forum.

hey baker, that link went elsewhere, it didn't go to a servo. It just went to eBay.com, their homepage. I have noticed that happens a lot with ebay, not sure if it's my computer or the way ebay has it linked in.

Savox, hi tech and futaba are all good names... I do not know who makes one that will be compatible with a traxxas radio however... There are others out there and everyone has their own opinions as far as who is best. I urge you to do some research and find out who makes what to work with your rig. Spend a little more if the specs are better... If They have metal gears, They would be better. I see no real need to Increase the torque or the speed for that shift servo.

In my revo, the shift servo is a mini servo. I don't know if a bigger one was fitted in after I bought mine or not. Also not sure if a regular size servo will fit into the location and operate properly etc...
Mike it has to be a mini, a regular one will not be close to fitting.

Back