Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibby523

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i have just bought the savage flux hp and i am a bit lost when it comes to the batteries on the hpi video of the savage flux it says you can use 3600mah but someone told me i carn't go lower than 5000 can any one tell me what i can use please

5000mah packs will give you more runtime than 3600mah packs. This does not mean you can't use the 3600mah packs. The higher the mah rating, the more runtime you gain.

Recommended by HPI:
Two NiMH (up to 8-cell flat or stick packs) with Deans connectors, or 2S or 3S LiPo hard case battery packs, 25C minimum (both batteries must be the same type, voltage and capacity)

i have just had a email of hpi customer service and they say minimum of 4000 mah with a 25c but would any lower mah naff the esc ?

Last edited:
Congrats on your Purchase. That thing is a freaking monster. Please post pics, vids, whatever.

How could it hurt the ESC? If it was Improper Amperage/Voltage that would be another story. I'm sure they're just reco'ing that Minimum so you have a descent run time.

Whether you get 3 cell for balls out power or just 2cell I'd get gensacearespammers Lipos. Make sure they're the exact same packs robmob said.

get your Flux's esc ratings on bateries, as long as both packs are the same like robmob said, you can any size you want but max or under the esc battery configurations.

Back