Sanwa or Futaba ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buggydream

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All !

I was thinking between a Sanwa or a Futaba radio. I can't afford the high end range but I would be able to save some and buy a mid-range. (perhaps a Sanwa MT-5 or the equivalent with Futaba?)

Which brand is more versatile if I want to use with future cars ? Do they share a standard protocol or their radios will only work with their own receivers ?

Thank you very much !

If you want budget but decent 3 ch transmitter, the FlySky GT3B is only $40 and you can add up to 10 rigs with the extra receivers.
I have one and the Spektrum DX5C. It's around $120 bucks.
Futaba is a great brand but I don't know about the Sanwa.

Some of the budget friendly radios have come a long way. The benefit is they have most of the features the big brands have, the receivers are less than half the cost while still getting good performance.
The Flysky as mentioned above is a favorite as well as the Radiolink keep in mind that some of the big brand pricing might not seem bad until you go to get more receivers, then they gouge you.

That's a good point Doom, it would be a great idea to research the cost of receivers.

Hello All !

I was thinking between a Sanwa or a Futaba radio. I can't afford the high end range but I would be able to save some and buy a mid-range. (perhaps a Sanwa MT-5 or the equivalent with Futaba?)

Which brand is more versatile if I want to use with future cars ? Do they share a standard protocol or their radios will only work with their own receivers ?

Thank you very much !
Sanwa or Futaba either one is great. can't go wrong here. They do not share receivers

Back