Rx/tx and receiver battery packs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I am putting together my bday/xmas list. I am between 2 different radios. 1 is the more budget one. It is the Radiolink RC4GS V3. The second radio is the Futaba 4PM which is more of the mid range radio and mid range price. For what ever radio I get I will get 2 extra receivers for the other cars. Now for battery packs. I can run the 4 or 6 AA batteries but I would like a rechargeable one like a lipo or life battery so I don't have to be going through a lot of AA's. I think most of those receiver battery packs come with JST connecters? If so I am planning to get this charge lead: 4mm bullet - JST female

I use rechargeable Tenergy AA for all of my transmitters. I have almost two dozen batteries and they last longer than the car rx does.

I am putting together my bday/xmas list. I am between 2 different radios. 1 is the more budget one. It is the Radiolink RC4GS V3. The second radio is the Futaba 4PM which is more of the mid range radio and mid range price. For what ever radio I get I will get 2 extra receivers for the other cars. Now for battery packs. I can run the 4 or 6 AA batteries but I would like a rechargeable one like a lipo or life battery so I don't have to be going through a lot of AA's. I think most of those receiver battery packs come with JST connecters? If so I am planning to get this charge lead: 4mm bullet - JST female
The Futaba is the nicer radio out of the two but if all you're doing is bashing then the Radiolink would work just as well. The Futaba receivers are most likely $50+ while the Radio link receivers are around $20. So thats just going to depend on what you're doing with it and what you personally want.

Radio battery packs sometimes come with JST connectors, sometimes they come with Futaba connectors and I've even owned a couple packs that had both. Just make sure you know what type of plug the radio uses before you order.

Regarding radio transmitter batteries. AA Alkaline 1.6V is Standard A. Standard B back-up are NiMh rechargeable. I don't do a lot of running, so Alkaline last a long time and are always ready. Rechargeable AA's get cycled through occasionally for bench work and test runs. Just have to remember to charge them up overnight before use.

Hope this helps. Good luck. 'AC'

Back