Safari Trailrunner of Doom!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Axial SCX10 III Wrangler is 312mm, and it is a fantastic crawler! It's actually my best crawler, but it also has the shortest approach and exit angle.
Those wranglers are pretty sweet looking, too. I've been thinking about trying to fit that body on an lcg build. But after seeing the new (early model, not late model) trx bronco, I suspect I'll go down that rabbit hole next instead

Crawlers are not taking the abuse of a basher, if you smack a crawler at 5 or less mph there is no where near the force of hitting something at 30+ mph like other rc's. Shoe Goo might give you piece of mind, but I think it's just unnecessary weight and expense on a crawler. I think at the most, you might reinforce the inside corners and stress points with Gorilla tape.
@StonerRC365 my Traxxas Defender had the traditional body posts that sticks through the roof and hood. I did use ShooGoo and drywall tape around the body posts holes of the body.

My Axial SCX10 III Wrangler is 312mm, and it is a fantastic crawler! It's actually my best crawler, but it also has the shortest approach and exit angle.
There is really no body options for the TRX-4 with the 12.8" 324mm. Wheelbase.kinda sucks. Oh well will find something

Those wranglers are pretty sweet looking, too. I've been thinking about trying to fit that body on an lcg build. But after seeing the new (early model, not late model) trx bronco, I suspect I'll go down that rabbit hole next instead
Can't really lose either way 😉

@StonerRC365 my Traxxas Defender had the traditional body posts that sticks through the roof and hood. I did use ShooGoo and drywall tape around the body posts holes of the body.
Working on finding a body for the TRX-4 build kit. Got the bearings for it now just need a body might just throw a old 78 blazer body on it for now then work with it till another one comes up.

The Redcat Scout body fits my TRX4 Defender chassis perfectly.

The orange body can be had for $30 right now
https://www.redcatracing.com/produc...57t9CoBOdyx1OLpPDHFVnf1BwhUwpaqBoCvcYQAvD_BwE
0722212051_Burst01.jpg

Last edited:
.......want that body. Not your body......
I'm kinda insulted
That scout body is pretty sweet, that price is just crazy! :thumbs-up:
I've been debating on and off whether to grab it or not. Great price!
I still have a number of unfinished bodies, from years ago, that is still waiting for my slacker self to do something with them.

I'm kinda insulted

I've been debating on and off whether to grab it or not. Great price!
I still have a number of unfinished bodies, from years ago, that is still waiting for my slacker self to do something with them.
I feel your pain. I have 5 lexan bodies and 3 hard bodies needing some attention.

Last edited:
Someone surely needs to. I have a spray booth, but it isn't really big enough for 1/10 bodies.
Build a bigger one. I built one that will house a 1/8 scale MT body and you can even use some dryer venting to vent the fumes out of a window. :)

In retrospect I will say one of the fans I used moutned rigth in the middle is probably sufficient. 3 of them could inadvertently create a tornado lol.

Skip to 6:00 in part 1 for a suction test lol
Part 1
Part 2

Last edited:
I have that small hobby one that is great for 1:12 and under. You can take two of them and mate together to make it bigger, which is what I plan to do eventually. For right now it works, it is just a tight squeeze getting the body in it. And I love the LED lighting they come with.

The bad thing with lexan bodies though is painting on the inside, the overspray just shoots right back out into your face. I am going to try putting more powerful fans in when I get the second booth. That should prevent some of that.

Yours looks like it could rip the body out of your hands lol. That thing is a beast!

I have that small hobby one that is great for 1:12 and under. You can take two of them and mate together to make it bigger, which is what I plan to do eventually. For right now it works, it is just a tight squeeze getting the body in it. And I love the LED lighting they come with.

The bad thing with lexan bodies though is painting on the inside, the overspray just shoots right back out into your face. I am going to try putting more powerful fans in when I get the second booth. That should prevent some of that.

Yours looks like it could rip the body out of your hands lol. That thing is a beast!
Its pretty powerful but its not too bad. I also converted the power supply to where I have on/off switches for each fan to give me more control over it. Now that I dont live in an apt anymore though I dont really need it anymore. I just paint in my shed now.

There is really no body options for the TRX-4 with the 12.8" 324mm. Wheelbase.kinda sucks. Oh well will find something
I found a raptor hard body from rcworld that was decently priced. Around 69 for the whole kit. It came out looking great and has held up wonderfully. It has a bed rack with spare carrier and was led ready. Some kits come with bumpers as well but I missed that kit and had to get bumpers separately over all very happy with jt
https://rcworld.us/rc-1-10-ford-raptor-truck-hard-body-325mm/ here's a link to the body

Last edited:
I found a raptor hard body from rcworld that was decently priced. Around 69 for the whole kit. It came out looking great and has held up wonderfully. It has a bed rack with spare carrier and was led ready. Some kits come with bumpers as well but I missed that kit and had to get bumpers separately over all very happy with jt
https://rcworld.us/rc-1-10-ford-raptor-truck-hard-body-325mm/ here's a link to the body
That is a sweet looking body!

It's update time again. Only had a little time today, but did manage to get a few things done. I got the roof rack that was included with the kit installed. It looks good but I may end up replacing it with a metal one. I know metal would be heavier, wich is less than optimal that high up, but the plastic rails deform a bit when you try to stack cargo up there. I'll have to think about that one. I also added a light bar, I went with the more old school look on this one, thought it would look better than just the led strip type bars. Also installed the side view mirrors, gas cans, and yes @Xraycer the radio antenna. ;)

PSX_20210725_210350.jpg

PSX_20210725_210257.jpg

PSX_20210725_210441.jpg

Back