Safari Trailrunner of Doom!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dam man looks awesome!! You got some real steady hands. And good placement 👌
It really wasn't that bad. I just faked it as I went along, I hand cut a strip of vinyl and stuck it down, then on to the next, and so on.
Wow, it came out so much better than the photo shop rendering! Great job!

I think, being a bush vehicle, it needs a tall cb antenna
I've been looking at those. :)

It really wasn't that bad. I just faked it as I went along, I hand cut a strip of vinyl and stuck it down, then on to the next, and so on.

I've been looking at those. :)
I got mine off Amazon, and I'm impressed with how durable they are. I've rolled Jalapeno dozens of time, and it has thus far remained intact.
0702211609b.jpg

I got mine off Amazon, and I'm impressed with how durable they are. I've rolled Jalapeno dozens of time, and it has thus far remained intact.
View attachment 129974
Oh man that is awesome and it has the curls in it, and it's bolted to the bumper as well loven these trucks. Sweet is that a hard or lexan body?

Oh man that is awesome and it has the curls in it, and it's bolted to the bumper as well loven these trucks. Sweet is that a hard or lexan body?
Pretty thick lexan. Much beefier than the Traxxas Defender and Axial Wrangler bodies.

Pretty thick lexan. Much beefier than the Traxxas Defender and Axial Wrangler bodies.
Lexan bodies would be the better choice? Less top heavy with them, little more flex. Then the hard bodies ?

Lexan bodies would be the better choice? Less top heavy with them, little more flex. Then the hard bodies ?
You get better detail with hard bodies but with a large weight penalty. Lexan bodies help keep the weight at the bottom of a crawler where you want it.

Lexan easily wins when it comes to weight to durability ratio.
You get better detail with hard bodies but with a large weight penalty. Lexan bodies help keep the weight at the bottom of a crawler where you want it.
Yeah I'm not liking the idea of a hard body. Definitely going lex. A very thin layer of Shoegoo doesn't add to much weight.

Yeah I'm not liking the idea of a hard body. Definitely going lex. A very thin layer of Shoegoo doesn't add to much weight.
I don't feel ShooGoo is necessary for a crawler. I've had my vehicle dropped a couple foot into rock faces and only sustain scrapes and scratches.

I don't feel ShooGoo is necessary for a crawler. I've had my vehicle dropped a couple foot into rock faces and only sustain scrapes and scratches.
Force of habit. Not to many bodies for the TRX-4 with a 324mm wheelbase. But they do make a conversion kit. That you then can change you wheelbase from. 312 up too 330. So you have more body options. Do you think changing it 12mm. From 324 to 312 will make that much of a difference not really rite?

"Chassis conversion kit, TRX-4® (long to short wheelbase) (includes rear upper & lower suspension links, front & rear inner fenders, short female half shaft, battery tray, 3x8mm FCS (4)) | Traxxas" https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts/8058

Crawlers are not taking the abuse of a basher, if you smack a crawler at 5 or less mph there is no where near the force of hitting something at 30+ mph like other rc's. Shoe Goo might give you piece of mind, but I think it's just unnecessary weight and expense on a crawler. I think at the most, you might reinforce the inside corners and stress points with Gorilla tape.

Crawlers are not taking the abuse of a basher, if you smack a crawler at 5 or less mph there is no where near the force of hitting something at 30+ mph like other rc's. Shoe Goo might give you piece of mind, but I think it's just unnecessary weight and expense on a crawler. I think at the most, you might reinforce the inside corners and stress points with Gorilla tape.
Sounds good

Force of habit. Not to many bodies for the TRX-4 with a 324mm wheelbase. But they do make a conversion kit. That you then can change you wheelbase from. 312 up too 330. So you have more body options. Do you think changing it 12mm. From 324 to 312 will make that much of a difference not really rite?

"Chassis conversion kit, TRX-4® (long to short wheelbase) (includes rear upper & lower suspension links, front & rear inner fenders, short female half shaft, battery tray, 3x8mm FCS (4)) | Traxxas" https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts/8058
My Axial SCX10 III Wrangler is 312mm, and it is a fantastic crawler! It's actually my best crawler, but it also has the shortest approach and exit angle.

Back