Safari Trailrunner of Doom!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's update time again. Only had a little time today, but did manage to get a few things done. I got the roof rack that was included with the kit installed. It looks good but I may end up replacing it with a metal one. I know metal would be heavier, wich is less than optimal that high up, but the plastic rails deform a bit when you try to stack cargo up there. I'll have to think about that one. I also added a light bar, I went with the more old school look on this one, thought it would look better than just the led strip type bars. Also installed the side view mirrors, gas cans, and yes @Xraycer the radio antenna. ;)

View attachment 130138

View attachment 130139

View attachment 130141
That is so awesome! Just keep it away from cats because you did such a great job cats will think it's a tiny zebra 😜

Really nice work!

Was thinking about headlights and tail lights later on. Not sure how much power I can plug in before I'd need to change something.

It's update time again. Only had a little time today, but did manage to get a few things done. I got the roof rack that was included with the kit installed. It looks good but I may end up replacing it with a metal one. I know metal would be heavier, wich is less than optimal that high up, but the plastic rails deform a bit when you try to stack cargo up there. I'll have to think about that one. I also added a light bar, I went with the more old school look on this one, thought it would look better than just the led strip type bars. Also installed the side view mirrors, gas cans, and yes @Xraycer the radio antenna. ;)

View attachment 130138

View attachment 130139

View attachment 130141
Oh man nice work looks awesoem bud. That style of lights definitely looks better on the safari truck. Got to love the antenna. Nicely done

6x6's are cheaters 🤣
But at least you can haul your 24's with them!
View attachment 129848
This started as a trash6 Mercedes, but I got tired of the top heavy body rubbing everything. And unimogs are cool! I'd trade the mog body for a deuce and a half body, though.
Hit me up if you wanna sell that unimog body 😁

I'm kinda insulted

I've been debating on and off whether to grab it or not. Great price!
I still have a number of unfinished bodies, from years ago, that is still waiting for my slacker self to do something with them.
Any idea how to remove the original paint from body that came with the truck? I have a blackout xte pro and the body has white colored coat on the inside. I tried soaking it in nitro fuel and it did nothing. For fear of scratching the body up, I just plan to leave it how it is or if I really feel compelled, I will paint the outside of the body. However, I dont like this b/c every crash will result in paint getting taken off. Any recommendations on how to get the paint off??

Any idea how to remove the original paint from body that came with the truck? I have a blackout xte pro and the body has white colored coat on the inside. I tried soaking it in nitro fuel and it did nothing. For fear of scratching the body up, I just plan to leave it how it is or if I really feel compelled, I will paint the outside of the body. However, I dont like this b/c every crash will result in paint getting taken off. Any recommendations on how to get the paint off??
Put nitro fuel on s cotton ball or qtip and rub.

Back