Revo modification

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi,
Can i install a racers edge 32 engine on my revo 3.3??? What all other modifications do i need...My Revo is still in stock condition...

Dheeraaj

Yes, you can, but will require an engine conversion kit. Will also more than likely require taller gearing (spur/cb) and possibly for durability, CVD's all around and a forward only conversion in the trans.

New Era sells a "leaner" conversion mount. Will require you to figure out an exhaust system. They also offer an exhaust header that will put the pipe in the stock "area", but I proffered running a side pipe. I used a duratrax warhead header and just threw on a BB pipe, then figured out a way to mount a pipe hanger.

I didn't use that large of an engine. I ran a smaller XTM 24.7 (also a true BB like the 32 your looking at) and it added weight to the rear that I didn't care for. The truck wasn't much fun afterward. Just wheelies all the time.

Traxxas sells the 5360x kit for a revo comes with everything you need you can get it on ebay for 40 bucks shipped I just got mine and it was easy to install

Back