Traxxas Revo 3.3 engine dreams

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcaddict234

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I’ve been dreaming (like all RC hobbyists do). if I were to get a bigger more powerful engine for my Traxxas Revo 3.3 (possibly no longer 3.3) what engines would fit and what is the best quality and most powerful engine out there that would fit the original truck? Thanks ahead of time.

I’ve been dreaming (like all RC hobbyists do). if I were to get a bigger more powerful engine for my Traxxas Revo 3.3 (possibly no longer 3.3) what engines would fit and what is the best quality and most powerful engine out there that would fit the original truck? Thanks ahead of time.
I could be mistaken as I dont own that rig but I believe the O.S. .21TM is a direct drop in. I believe they also make a big block conversion for the REVO at which point Id put a .28 or .30 in it. Probably a HoBao Hyper or LRP brand

The OS .21TM is a direct drop in BUT it has the same power as the Stock TRX 3.3 Engine...
The OS .21TM definitely is a much better quality Engine!!
I have both these engines...
So I'm speaking from experience and with the OS Engine you will definitely have less headaches!!! JUST AN EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE UPGRADE!!!
Hope this helps...

From what I have read online, you put anything bigger on a Revo and your diffs will suffer, and is another very very expensive upgrade.

The other option would be to upgrade the 3.3 with a Sirio crank (rare), stronger con rod and a OS 11K carb but unless those parts are found cheaply it ain’t worth it. OS engines are worth the money.