Revo 5310 Rebuild/Refresh?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't, In fact went out this morning to adjust the slipper (not mine) the trucks...HA....engine cranks but will not start even with new glow plug the light on my starter indicated glow plug not igniting....:-(, So another time I will remove engine and check it for any damage that might have been caused by yesterdays "run"
So I went out to inspect the damage and found that the wire for the glow plug got wrecked...I ordered a new one and when I get I will install and try to start again....update hopefully in a couple days for you.

So here we go again...lol.....another video for you guys/gals. I replaced the tank and the starter (wand) and a new set of wires on the truck. I ran 1.5 tanks through it today....yes the video is long I edited it but it said might take a bit to update it. Tomorrow I will swap out the exhaust with this that I found cheap Dynamite Platinum 1/10 Revo Power Inline Exhaust System (Polished) DYNP5015. There was some fuel left on the bumper so I think it needs to be a little leaner? Please let me know of any thoughts or ideas you may have because soon it might be too cold for me to go out and play....:-(

The truck still sounds like it is struggling ,like the brakes are still some what engaged!
I just looked at my controller and it looks like the trim knob got moved lets see how it all goes tomorrow after switching exhaust etc. I will let you know....thanks!

Looks like you got your slipper clutch adjusted. The first vid had some MAJOR slipping going on, but the engine sounded excellent.
I did yes, and the original Fuel Tank had a hairline crack (apparently running into trees will do that....oopsie)stay tuned for tomorrow update!

I just looked at my controller and it looks like the trim knob got moved lets see how it all goes tomorrow after switching exhaust etc. I will let you know....thanks!

So ,maybe your trim knob was moved an the brakes was slightly on ,that will explain why the truck is struggling to move!

The engine runs good ,but the truck isnt rolling freely like the brakes are on ,or something in the running gear is too tight!

The best way to check ,is to turn the radio gear on ,an hand push the truck ,if it rolls freely ,then your good there if it isnt
that ,then your slipper is bad or needs to be tighten!

If that doesn't work then ,your o-way bearing is slipping in the transmission!

Your truck should move quick with out struggle like mine ,here is a vid of mine!

So ,maybe your trim knob was moved an the brakes was slightly on ,that will explain why the truck is struggling to move!

The engine runs good ,but the truck isnt rolling freely like the brakes are on ,or something in the running gear is too tight!

The best way to check ,is to turn the radio gear on ,an hand push the truck ,if it rolls freely ,then your good there if it isnt

Your truck should move quick with out struggle like mine ,here is a vid of mine!

I have 38/14 gears on the truck right now today I swapped the exhaust out to the one I mentioned yesterday.
Got truck running and rolling awesome I realized that these tires SUCK SUPER BAD for traction on the grass (they like to almost spin in place like a 4 wheel burnout)
I wish I could have videoed that for you, If I open throttle wide it bogs out and will restart immediately ( I treid a million different settings on the high speed needle) but at 3/4 throttle this thing flies, I can't get it out to the pavement in front of my house with out help so hopefully I can get that tomorrow. I will also try my other tires that are huge and see what happens in the grass with those.

you brought out your MGT!?!?!? :)

I have 38/14 gears on the truck right now today I swapped the exhaust out to the one I mentioned yesterday.
Got truck running and rolling awesome I realized that these tires SUCK SUPER BAD for traction on the grass (they like to almost spin in place like a 4 wheel burnout)
I wish I could have videoed that for you, If I open throttle wide it bogs out and will restart immediately ( I treid a million different settings on the high speed needle) but at 3/4 throttle this thing flies, I can't get it out to the pavement in front of my house with out help so hopefully I can get that tomorrow. I will also try my other tires that are huge and see what happens in the grass with those.

sounds like your HSN might be rich, this could be disguised by your LSN being a little bit off as well. after you do a few passes, bring your truck in and pinch your fuel line right near the carb, it should take about 3-5 seconds to die. if it takes less your LSN is lean, if it takes more, your LSN is a bit rich.
after a high speed pass, stop the vehicle for about 10 seconds letting it idle, then give it a good amount of throttle. does it bog down? does it have good acceleration? does it cut out?
how is your idle? when you do a high speed pass, does the idle stay high for a few seconds then drop down? does it speed up after a second or two of sitting?

OK ,may have to retune after exhaust change ,but make sure that there is no binding in the running gear ,an make sure that
your brakes isnt engaged while running!....:thumbs-up:

you brought out your MGT!?!?!? :)

sounds like your HSN might be rich, this could be disguised by your LSN being a little bit off as well. after you do a few passes, bring your truck in and pinch your fuel line right near the carb, it should take about 3-5 seconds to die. if it takes less your LSN is lean, if it takes more, your LSN is a bit rich.
after a high speed pass, stop the vehicle for about 10 seconds letting it idle, then give it a good amount of throttle. does it bog down? does it have good acceleration? does it cut out?
how is your idle? when you do a high speed pass, does the idle stay high for a few seconds then drop down? does it speed up after a second or two of sitting?
I will try all of this tomorrow if I get a little munchkin Grandchild over here to help me...hahaha....a post aresponse to all of these questions.

OK ,may have to retune after exhaust change ,but make sure that there is no binding in the running gear ,an make sure that
your brakes isnt engaged while running!....:thumbs-up:
The brakes were but I got that fixed. Did some tuning but these tires dont seem to grab grass as well as I think they should so tomorrow pavement and then my other monster tires onpavement and grass for comparison If I get a munchkin over here it will all be filmed in smaller portions for all of you to laugh and or comment on....Hope to see you all tomorrow!

The brakes were but I got that fixed. Did some tuning but these tires dont seem to grab grass as well as I think they should so tomorrow pavement and then my other monster tires onpavement and grass for comparison If I get a munchkin over here it will all be filmed in smaller portions for all of you to laugh and or comment on....Hope to see you all tomorrow!
looking forward to the vid!
do remember that bigger tires are heavier and take more strain on the engine/clutch system to spin. definitely keep an eye on the temps if possible. if they are too much harder on the engine, may have to get a larger spur gear, or smaller Clutchbell to gear it down.
nitro definitely takes alot of patience, but when you get them dialed in it makes the frustrations so worth it even more so because of the struggle to get it there.

do remember that bigger tires are heavier and take more strain on the engine/clutch system to spin. definitely keep an eye on the temps if possible. if they are too much harder on the engine, may have to get a larger spur gear, or smaller Clutchbell to gear it down.
nitro definitely takes alot of patience, but when you get them dialed in it makes the frustrations so worth it even more so because of the struggle to get it there.
I meant earlier to say the truck has 38/15 on it now should I switch it to the 14 bell I have?....also not getting frustrated at all I remember having lots of fun with this years ago my issue now is having assistance when playing I run out of energy real fast due to Primary Progressive MS and being in a wheelchair limits all the stuff I can carry to the street to play and to get to it if it stalls it before some a**hat runs it over......lol...see you tomorrow!

Last edited:
What would be the best Wheel and Tire setup? I have 12mm hubs now but was told to change to the 17mm spline for like $20 bucks 5353x but I dont know what tire and wheel set to buy for it....any input?

What would be the best Wheel and Tire setup? I have 12mm hubs now but was told to change to the 17mm spline for like $20 bucks 5353x but I dont know what tire and wheel set to buy for it....any input?
it probably has 14mm not 12mm, i dont know if anyone made conversions to convert down from 14mm to 12mm, as far as wheels and tires, pro-line is about the best you can buy imo, duratrax doesn't make bad tires/wheels. i would try to stick to those brands. pro-line trenchers, pro-line badlands, and even pro-line mashers are all really good.
duratrax tires i dont have very much experience with.

it probably has 14mm not 12mm, i dont know if anyone made conversions to convert down from 14mm to 12mm, as far as wheels and tires, pro-line is about the best you can buy imo, duratrax doesn't make bad tires/wheels. i would try to stick to those brands. pro-line trenchers, pro-line badlands, and even pro-line mashers are all really good.
duratrax tires i dont have very much experience with.
It has 12mm I have measured and I can't for the life of me remember why they are I am pretty sure these are the original tires and wheels.....5.75 x 3.5 - 3.8? I just looked in my original book it came with 12mm hub part number 4954 and tire as seen in the photo tra5374

Last edited:
It has 12mm I have measured and I can't for the life of me remember why they are I am pretty sure these are the original tires and wheels.....5.75 x 3.5 - 3.8? I just looked in my original book it came with 12mm hub part number 4954 and tire as seen in the photo tra5374
View attachment 119912
I've never seen those wheels with 12mm. The smaller 2.8/2.2 wheels have 12mm hex's, but the 3.2 (old MT) and 3.8's had at least a 14mm with the later 3.8's having 17mm.

The "2.5x12mm" on that listing is for the pin size, not the hex:
https://traxxas.com/products/parts/4954

The hex for that part# is 14mm.

These are their 12mm hex's for the smaller trucks:
https://traxxas.com/products/parts/1654

I've never seen those wheels with 12mm. The smaller 2.8/2.2 wheels have 12mm hex's, but the 3.2 (old MT) and 3.8's had at least a 14mm with the later 3.8's having 17mm.

The "2.5x12mm" on that listing is for the pin size, not the hex:
https://traxxas.com/products/parts/4954

The hex for that part# is 14mm.

These are their 12mm hex's for the smaller trucks:
https://traxxas.com/products/parts/1654
Thanks for clearing that up apparently I am a moron...(just kidding....maybe)......I never got a Munchkin over here yesterday to run the car and It is supposed to rain pretty much all week so hopefully this coming weekend I can run in the street and get some video for you guys/gals.

Back