Revo 5310 Rebuild/Refresh?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for clearing that up apparently I am a moron...(just kidding....maybe)......I never got a Munchkin over here yesterday to run the car and It is supposed to rain pretty much all week so hopefully this coming weekend I can run in the street and get some video for you guys/gals.
It's confusing when there are 15 variations of things that do the same job.

Thanks for clearing that up apparently I am a moron...(just kidding....maybe)......I never got a Munchkin over here yesterday to run the car and It is supposed to rain pretty much all week so hopefully this coming weekend I can run in the street and get some video for you guys/gals.
glad you got it figured out, seems 14mm is kind of oldschool for the most part, i still run em on my MGT, and Mini MGT, but 17mm is the new norm. its weird because everyone was so sure back in the day that everything was going to 23mm lol. Though i dont know why 23mm didn't stay around so much.

Good Day to all, the weather is finally breaking here, I got some new wheels and tires and upgraded to 17mm hubs....yay, Primed up the truck and it ran for a bit these tires work great on both the pavement and the grass , I noticed that my fuel inlet was loose yesterday and got that tightened up and we will see today if things run better hope top have a video soon. YEAH I KNOW ALMOST 7 MONTHS OF WINTER....AAARRRGGGHHH!

Attachments

• Original.jpg
    Original.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Upgrade.jpg
    Upgrade.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Good Day to all, the weather is finally breaking here, I got some new wheels and tires and upgraded to 17mm hubs....yay, Primed up the truck and it ran for a bit these tires work great on both the pavement and the grass , I noticed that my fuel inlet was loose yesterday and got that tightened up and we will see today if things run better hope top have a video soon.
Think you could post a photo of those next to one of the talons for a direct size comparison?

I run a set of the older minokawa's on one of my nitro revos. Forward/side bite isn't very good, but hoping the beads/sidewalls hold up better over time.
2019-0404-Revo21TM-Minokawa-EngineSide.jpg

I did not have a tape measure avail. but as you can see the new ones are a little thinner than the Talons. Do this pics help enough or would you like more?

Attachments

• IMG_20200514_111012658.jpg
    IMG_20200514_111012658.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20200514_111036880.jpg
    IMG_20200514_111036880.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Here is what my exhaust drips right now...I am working on uploading a video of how it runs and the issue I am apparantly having with my Right Rear Wheel (all the other spin up and go freely but not this one)(although it does spin)

Attachments

• IMG_20200514_112943255.jpg
    IMG_20200514_112943255.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 47
So here is my attempt at a video again...I need to relearn how to edit them If you watch the beginning you will notice the wheel in question lower left.....and you can also hear a click when the engine shuts off (whats that mean?)

I didn't hear the click, but the tire hanging up is either the axle carrier bearings or hex/hub shimming. What hex's/hubs do you have?

17mm just upgraded them, I just went back out and did a little tuning on the carburetor and adjustment on the throttle trim and all wheels now spin freely. It seems to idle better now also. Lets hope the next run it stays that way. I will upload the short video of idle when I get home later.

Well I haven't left yet and the video uploaded so here it is.....

I didn't hear the click, but the tire hanging up is either the axle carrier bearings or hex/hub shimming. What hex's/hubs do you have?
17mm, did you see the photos I posted of the tires you requested?

17mm, did you see the photos I posted of the tires you requested?
Yep, thanks for that.

I'm wondering if one of your bearings is dry/binding on you though. Might want to pull the wheel and put a drop of oil on the outside/inside bearings to avoid having them overheat and lock up/melt the axle carrier.

Yep, thanks for that.

I'm wondering if one of your bearings is dry/binding on you though. Might want to pull the wheel and put a drop of oil on the outside/inside bearings to avoid having them overheat and lock up/melt the axle carrier.
Will do when out there tomorrow with it provided the rain holds off. Thanks

Ok, I know I can be a pest and I apologize for that, Here a couple of photos of the carburetor setting on my heap, It ran good today for a while without the body on it you will see in the following videos when I am done shortening them. It definitely overheats I have ordered a heat gun that will be here next week, when it gets hot the plug light does not light up on starter box but wait 10 minutes, wipe things down etc. it will restart and run for a good while again I cannot rev it full throttle ever it just dies and rolls rights to me ...lol... I hope you folks watch my videos when I post them and let me know if you see or hear anything that I might be doing wrong. Again I can't thank you all enough.

Attachments

• IMG_20200515_135900685.jpg
    IMG_20200515_135900685.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20200515_134753717.jpg
    IMG_20200515_134753717.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 50
Here is one video of everything seeming to run smooth I think. My wife did not know which way to hold my phone sorry guys.

Is this Slipping? If I am posting too much stuff I am sorry let me know and I will remove some of it.

Back