Revo 5310 Rebuild/Refresh?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first was slipping bad ,so bad that my head started hurtin!.....

An the others ,the same ,your ride should be almost pulling wheelies ,you got something slipping real bad ,either
need new clutch shoes or slipper pads ,or tightened!....?

An the others ,the same ,your ride should be almost pulling wheelies ,you got something slipping real bad ,either
While watching, all I could think was "STOP GIVING IT THROTTLE!!! FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!!!! STOP!!!".

Turns out, people who post videos can't hear you when you yell at your monitor. :)

Going to try and adjust that stuff today thank you.

While watching, all I could think was "STOP GIVING IT THROTTLE!!! FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!!!! STOP!!!".

Turns out, people who post videos can't hear you when you yell at your monitor. :)
I Stopped giving throttle when it stalled:oops: I will try to adjust things today and try to make a video with my phone turned the proper way.....Thanks again to all of you that are here to help me.

Man you guys are awesome.....I adjusted the nut about a 1/8 turn.....and here are the results...... Yeah I stink at recording by myself.

I have another I want to show but it has not finished editing yet....I wish I knew how to notify specific users that I uploaded these and to thank them personally. Rolex olds97_lss cbaker65 !

Fianl video for today about a 200 foot run and have not hit full throttle it gets too far away for me to see...lol (Yes my cheap paint job stinks I know)...Ha have a good day all!

You're welcome. That's what we're here for. It really looks and sounds good now. In the future, when you want to get someone's attention, put the @ sign before their user name... Like this... @drivinggun
You'll notice that you get a red marker by the bell on the upper right of the page telling you that someone has mentioned you or quoted you.
Click the marker and you'll be taken directly to that post.

Glad to see your getting the power to the ground now. Seems like the 2 speed needs adjusted though. I would expect it to be hitting second gear quite a few times in your videos.

Glad to see your getting the power to the ground now. Seems like the 2 speed needs adjusted though. I would expect it to be hitting second gear quite a few times in your videos.
I think that got messed up once a long time ago is there a factory setting I can start from? (like turn the screw all the way in and then so many turns out?) I do know how to adjust I just do not know where to start @olds97_lss

I think that got messed up once a long time ago is there a factory setting I can start from? (like turn the screw all the way in and then so many turns out?) I do know how to adjust I just do not know where to start @olds97_lss
I have it turned out at 2.5 turns currently I'll let you know what happens I also get (flooded) when trying more throttle than needed haven't heard a shift yet put will post what I can later

Sorry, I skimmed through the 2.5 manual, 3.3 manual and slayer manual, but didn't see any reference to the default setting of the two speed set screw. I searched the traxxas forum and found a reference of 1.5-2.5 turns from the spring fully compressed, so 2 turns should get you in the ball park. The bell count/spur count come into play as well.

Any idea where it was?

Sorry, I skimmed through the 2.5 manual, 3.3 manual and slayer manual, but didn't see any reference to the default setting of the two speed set screw. I searched the traxxas forum and found a reference of 1.5-2.5 turns from the spring fully compressed, so 2 turns should get you in the ball park. The bell count/spur count come into play as well.

Any idea where it was?
I now have it at 3. It was bottomed out I believe. (does that mean it sould take it apart and inspect it ?) Sounds and runs decent I will try to get video of it later. My Spur is 38 and my Bell is 15 but I have a 14 here somewhere. @olds97_lss ..... I can not hear it shift maybe you can when I upload a video tomorrow.

Last edited:
It might be shifting too early to hear it, then it bogs on second. I usually try and work from it set too tight (shifts late or not at all) and work my way backing it out until it shifts. Then I'm not cooking the clutch shoes as bad.

Hello all again I am about to add some video and would like any input possible and soon the videos will be different I promise the park up the street will be open for me to hit the field and the skate park with concrete ramps...YAY....revving it soon I hope. Video Titles tell you the issues. Your input is greatly appreciated, I also need to find out how to become a supporter of this site because with out you guys I would be lost.

Last edited:
It's not shifting. With it's speed, seems like it's stuck in first. Might help if you can post a video where you really get on the throttle hard early.

This is one of mine. Skip to 2:09, it shifts shortly after that and you can hear the RPM's go up, then abruptly drop a bit while it picks up speed:

Hello all again I am about to add some video and would like any input possible and soon the videos will be different I promise the park up the street will be open for me to hit the field and the skate park with concrete ramps...YAY....revving it soon I hope. Video Titles tell you the issues. Your input is greatly appreciated, I also need to find out how to become a supporter of this site because with out you guys I would be lost.

My Mgt. would not shift a few times ,I had to take the trans apart to figure out why ,now , I know that it is a different truck
than yours ,but it may have the similar parts in the trans ,mine has a spring loaded paw ,that spring holds the tension on
the paw that swings out on the hub ,one time that wouldnt shift ,the spring was jammed inside not allowing the paw to
swing out an catch the 2 gear ,the damage was caused by me over tightening the set screw when I ran it all the way down
to adjust it ,I fixed it with another spring!

The other time ,the hub had slipped out of the 2 gear housing from its shaft ,just enough were the paw wouldnt swing
out of the hub ,I fixed it by loosening up the hub from the shaft ,an sliding back inside the gear housing an retighten
the set screw!
I have a 2 spd hub out of a trans that I can show a detailed pic of if you like to see?

It's not shifting. With it's speed, seems like it's stuck in first. Might help if you can post a video where you really get on the throttle hard early.

This is one of mine. Skip to 2:09, it shifts shortly after that and you can hear the RPM's go up, then abruptly drop a bit while it picks up speed:
If I get on the throttle early it bogs out and dies, I have never been able to go more than 3/4 throttle on it either. But I will try that tomorrow for you, I am unfortunately too tired to do more today.

My Mgt. would not shift a few times ,I had to take the trans apart to figure out why ,now , I know that it is a different truck
than yours ,but it may have the similar parts in the trans ,mine has a spring loaded paw ,that spring holds the tension on
the paw that swings out on the hub ,one time that wouldnt shift ,the spring was jammed inside not allowing the paw to
swing out an catch the 2 gear ,the damage was caused by me over tightening the set screw when I ran it all the way down
to adjust it ,I fixed it with another spring!

The other time ,the hub had slipped out of the 2 gear housing from its shaft ,just enough were the paw wouldnt swing
out of the hub ,I fixed it by loosening up the hub from the shaft ,an sliding back inside the gear housing an retighten
the set screw!
I have a 2 spd hub out of a trans that I can show a detailed pic of if you like to see?
I am going to try the full throtlle thing first and then if all else fails I will disassemble the Transmission and post photos then, also I remember reading somewhere about making a hole where the one way bearing is to make it start easier with the ez start system I have a rebuild kit for it but not another one way bearing it seems to spin sometimes then catches.

Back