Redcat MT10e servo pushing against motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrison

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Redcat MT10e but whenever I turn the servo it pushes against the motor and shifts the motor and the servo. Anyone know how to fix that? Another thing I can’t figure out is if i turn one way it will go back to the center like it’s supposed to but if i turn the other way it doesn’t fully return to the center. I’ve tried adjusting the steering trim, recentering the servo, replacing the servo horn, and i’ve even hon as far as replacing the entire steering servo assembly. If anyone can help please let me know.

Not going back to center in one direction is a sign of worn gears in the servo. Is it not centering from the direction it is hitting the motor? Do you know how to set servo endpoints for your radio? Endpoint adjustments are used to set the maximum servo throw, to avoid damaging your servo.

Welcome to RCT!

Not going back to center in one direction is a sign of worn gears in the servo. Is it not centering from the direction it is hitting the motor? Do you know how to set servo endpoints for your radio? Endpoint adjustments are used to set the maximum servo throw, to avoid damaging your servo.

Welcome to RCT!
yes it’s only not centering in the direction it’s hitting the motor, I had never even heard of setting endpoints at all before you just said that. And is there any way to stop it from pushing against the motor without affecting how much it turns?

yes it’s only not centering in the direction it’s hitting the motor, I had never even heard of setting endpoints at all before you just said that. And is there any way to stop it from pushing against the motor without affecting how much it turns?
A video would really be helpful here. You can upload it to YouTube and paste the link to it in your reply here. But the short answer is yes, you can change the location of the horn to move it away from the motor. This will require you to change or adjust the steering link, and it will likely not provide symmetrical steering throw in each direction. But these are all just assumptions because without seeing what is going in, all I can do is guess.