Traxxas Xmaxx S8 Steering Issue. Need Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zar_XMaxxS8

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys,

New to the forum, need your help on my Traxxas X-Maxx S8. When I turn on the transmitter, steering moves on it's own to the left.

Here's what I've done.
-Servo has been replaced
-Transmitter reset to default
-New batteries

Here the video. Anyone know what it could be? Do I need to transmitter?

I would think it's caused by the transmitter. You could try powering up the truck with with the transmitter off and see if the drift still occurs. If not then I'd blame the transmitter. If it still occurs then the receiver would be suspect. Make sure your connections are good/clean at the receiver as well.

Keep in mind the motor can go WOT with no transmitter signal so maybe unhook motor wires first.

Side note. I have a lot of traxxas TQI's and recievers I'd sell cheap.

Reset the esc. Directions are online. And, in the manual. If it does it after that, I’d replace receiver and transmitter and be done with it.

do a little preliminary trouble shooting. Id switch esc and servo channel plugs around . anchor truck first.so you do have a run away. does servo still go off in that direction? if yes then you know its servo. if no then try new rx before radio. had this happen to me with a 72 mhz radio.it ended up be rx

Thanks for the responses guys.

Reset ESC, didn't help.
I don't believe it's servo, I got new Monster 56KG. This is the first thing I replaced, since oem servos tend to die and I've had the truck for 3 yrs now.

This happened randomly when I tried to go out one day. Both oem and new servo do the same thing, swing slowly to the same side.

I'll get 'Traxxas 6533 Receiver' and see if that helps. I feel like its the receiver.

Last edited:
Glad you got it fixed.