Erevo 2.0 steering issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshaf

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hello forum, need some advice troubleshooting steering on my erevo 2.0. Recently upgraded to a high torque single servo and just installed rpm front a arms. Have camber/ toe adjusted as close as I can but have 2 problems. First, the truck pulls hard left every time hard braking on pavement. Second, have steering trim centered perfectly but the truck will randomly pull left and right driving at normal speed. Just seems all over the place steering. Kind of makes me think something is binding in the linkage, but don't see anything obvious. My front push rods are bent and have new ones on the way, could this be the issue? Only other thing I haven't checked is fluid level in shocks

Welcome in @dshaf , I would guess your steering issue would be the fact you changed it from a double servo to a single set up.
I would put return it back to the original design.

It seemed to be working just fine after converting it to single servo. Seems after I just installed the rpm a arms the steering is jumping all over the place. Checked everything multiple times and everything installed correctly

Something in there is binding but I stand firm on my suggestion.
It was designed that way for a reason.
It also voids the warranty.
Best of luck with it.

Last edited:
Thanks, maybe I'll try to reinstall 2nd servo and see what happens. Have seen many do the single servo conversion though and haven't heard of any issues

Best of luck, sorry I couldn't help you.

Thanks for the advice. Think I might try going back to dual servos and see if that solve it

I have a Erevo my self but I'm confused as to what the advantage would be to make it single.

Basically just so you don't have 2 servos fighting against each other all the time, causing them to wear out quicker. Also save a little weight and traxxas high torque brushless servo has more torque than the factory dual servos together

I love any duel steering setups. Not saying single is a bad thing but on a bigger rig like the Erevo it's a awesome set up.
They don't work against each other, so I have to disagree with that one bud.

Last edited:
The only problem I could see with dual servos is if you don't have your endpoints set correctly in the transmitter, or if you use two different servos.

The steering issue is possibly a bearing binding. Did you inspect the bearings when you swapped the arms?

No I did not, but gonna tear it apart this weekend and will check those. Just doesn't make sense that it will randomly drift right or left, but sometimes tracks dead center. Seems like it's gradually getting more noticeable lately

I would keep it a duel setup and troubleshoot it as @WickedFog mentioned.
Traxxas wouldn't have made it a duel setup if the servos worked against each other.

problem is New servo. replace. its faulty...sometimes servos just have short lifes..and start out goodbut have issues...I never kept 2 servos on my twins to turn unless 1 was in front the other in rear..
replace duals dont work against one another

Think I might buy another high torque servo and convert it back to dual setup

Now I'm wondering. I have the single servo on right side of truck. Under hard braking the trucks pulls left instantly. Maybe this is bc there is no servo on that side helping to keep the tires straight? That would make sense

Last edited:
I would purchase two servos so they do match like WF mentioned.
Also as TNT mentioned, stock servos really don't last that long.

Thanks for the help. Gonna order exact same traxxas 2255 servo and hopefully solve my problems

I hope you get it fixed, let us know bud.

Traxxas servos are complete garbage, but if you must buy them, look at jennysrc.com for the best price. Hell, you can probably get a deal on 5 of them there. You're gonna need the extras 😉