Random bits of stuff you didn't really need to know for this weekend. ;)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Yesterday started off with trying to jumpstart my Transit Connect van. Couldn't get it to jump so had to call a towing service. He arrived an hour later right on time from what the dispatcher said it would be. He got me going, he said these are notoriously difficult to jumpstart and not to feel bad. He said he had already had a bunch of jumpstarts that morning, more than usaul. Fortunately my insurance covers the roadside assistance.

Once it was running I drove down to the local shop and got a new battery installed. The bill was actually less than what I was quoted for the battery and install. If you have not seen one of these the battery is shoved way in the back of the engine compartment tucked behind and under the windshield and is a real bugger to get to.It was worth it to pay someone else to change it.

After that, we made a trip to the grocery store and that pretty much wiped out Saturday.

Today we drove down to the town my parents live in for a visit and to stop by the annual renaissance fair. It's been about five years since we've been to the renfaire. It has definitely been downsized since Covid and with the current economy sucking. It was good for us to get out of the house and still had a nice visit with the folks. Not a bad Sunday at all. :)

Please join us next week for tire week. 😂🤣

Sounds like a busy day. I would say toss in a battery to start it then swap when running but that seems impossible and great way to get shocked with that car!

I miss the day of a manual tranny.

Please join us next week for tire week. 😂🤣

Sounds like a busy day. I would say toss in a battery to start it then swap when running but that seems impossible and great way to get shocked with that car!

I miss the day of a manual tranny.
Yeah, buddy. I miss the day of the Vertex magneto. Bit of a nudge roll start got 'er done every time. But yeah, needed a manual tranny too.

Wow, Doom! Good thing that battery did not fail you out in the boonies. Having jump start on the insurance policy is a ++.

Cheers, guys. 'AC'

I'm looking to get a new battery for my 2018 Honda HRV as well. Man, prices have really gone up! Just like everything else I suppose.

Yesterday started off with trying to jumpstart my Transit Connect van. Couldn't get it to jump so had to call a towing service. He arrived an hour later right on time from what the dispatcher said it would be. He got me going, he said these are notoriously difficult to jumpstart and not to feel bad. He said he had already had a bunch of jumpstarts that morning, more than usaul. Fortunately my insurance covers the roadside assistance.

Once it was running I drove down to the local shop and got a new battery installed. The bill was actually less than what I was quoted for the battery and install. If you have not seen one of these the battery is shoved way in the back of the engine compartment tucked behind and under the windshield and is a real bugger to get to.It was worth it to pay someone else to change it.

After that, we made a trip to the grocery store and that pretty much wiped out Saturday.

Today we drove down to the town my parents live in for a visit and to stop by the annual renaissance fair. It's been about five years since we've been to the renfaire. It has definitely been downsized since Covid and with the current economy sucking. It was good for us to get out of the house and still had a nice visit with the folks. Not a bad Sunday at all. :)
Other than the battery, I'm glad you had a nice Sunday with your folks.

Ouch, tricky situation, if she has no residence maybe the court will give you temporary custody. I guess a big question would be what does Bradon want, I'm assuming he's sharp enough to know the situation. I doubt a judge would take kindly to her being evicted and running off to Vegas before securing a new residence. It certainly wasn't in Braden's best interest. Do you pay child support now?, if he stayed with you and you didn't have child support would that ease your finances enough for you and Braden to live on?

I've never had to deal with a situation like this but just some thoughts, I know there are a lot of personal dynamics involved that need to be considered.

The very first thing I would do in the morning Kev, is call the courts and tell them he is basically homeless and file for custody, as @Doom mentioned, they may give you temporary custody until she can show proof of a stable home.

He is old enough that him speaking honestly to a judge might make a big difference in the custody. I know the courts always lean in the mothers favor, but if you can prove he is not being taken care of properly, that bears a lot of weight. It is never easy, but Braden's welfare should come first, that is parenting 101, your needs become secondary once you have a child. Sounds like mom may have forgotten this. Sounds like she might not put up as much of a fight as you might think if she is wanting more freedom.

I got custody of two of my kids when they were young toddlers and raised them on my own until they were 18.
The courts game me custody no questions asked. I had better living conditions, better income and definitely more stable than she was.
I think you would have a very good chance of getting custody @WickedFog

The very first thing I would do in the morning Kev, is call the courts and tell them he is basically homeless and file for custody, as @Doom mentioned, they may give you temporary custody until she can show proof of a stable home.
👆👆100%! You will need to file an ex-parte order, like 1st thing tomorrow. They should be able to advise you of what you need to do to accomplish that when you call. It really helps to have a lawyer, but anyone can file something with the courts. Good luck man. I hate to see young kids in situations like this. It's not fair to them (or you).
Screenshot_20221002-225329_Chrome.jpg

At least you got here running again. It's a never ending battle with rigs sometimes.

Thanks guys. And thanks for the info @Smilinbri
Hey WF...
What a mess. If she's running off to Vegas, when you talk with the courts or attorney, maybe "child abandonment" could be added to your petition. Good luck with this buddy.

This was not what I expected when I clicked on this thread. That's a tough situation WF. Why did she get evicted?

My first wife got evicted from her apartment over a drug possession charge which helped me get full custody of my daughter. That along with her being abusive was enough for the judge to give me full custody. I know they're expensive but get a lawyer. Most will work out a payment plan.

No need to apologize, everyone needs to vent.

I wish I could help. I'm friends with an attorney but not that kind. He keeps my license clean. I drive my real cars like I drive my RC cars and end up with the occasional ticket. I'll ask him but I doubt he'd be of much help.

On a funny side note, did you know your supposed to have a motorcycle license even if you just borrowed your friends bike for the weekend? Silly rules. I also heard your supposed to keep both wheels on the ground. If that's the case, then why does the front one come up so easy?

Now yall see why I'm friends with a lawyer. 🤪

No need to apologize, everyone needs to vent.

I wish I could help. I'm friends with an attorney but not that kind. He keeps my license clean. I drive my real cars like I drive my RC cars and end up with the occasional ticket. I'll ask him but I doubt he'd be of much help.

On a funny side note, did you know your supposed to have a motorcycle license even if you just borrowed your friends bike for the weekend? Silly rules. I also heard your supposed to keep both wheels on the ground. If that's the case, then why does the front one come up so easy?

Now yall see why I'm friends with a lawyer. 🤪
" I also heard your supposed to keep both wheels on the ground. " Seriously? Sounds like a law made by someone that doesn't ride. Should be a law against that!

Yeah, test rode a Harley or two at the dealership. They check for MC on my license before they let my straddle one for a test hop. Also checked for my riders' class certificate. I have beginner and advanced-both expired but carry them anyway. The paper may expire. The skills don't. Yeah, some laws you just have to suck it up and drive on. Good having a good buddy lawyer in your back pocket, though.

Good luck. 'AC'

My buddy has a really nice R1 and a beat up ford pickup. He wanted to borrow my lexus to take out some chick so we traded for the weekend. I got the better end of that deal as he got stood up. So did his bike! 🤣

@WickedFog My sister has a gambling addiction, just as bad as a drug addict, she will straight up lie to your face about anything if she thinks she can squeeze a dollar out of you.

Back