Proline Pro Mt 4x4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have “any” updates on a aluminum servo saver arm release. Proline or any others? My pl mt is on its third and down yet again...

Hi

They should be coming out soon. There are a couple of people on the rctech forum that won some pre-release samples, and at lease one of them sold theres on ebay for $79.

DD5B01B7-A93C-4590-AFD4-8B2D28DE73B3.jpeg
The tower to tower brace helps keep that rear pinion together pretty well. That c clip pops off from the chassis flexing and the driveshaft shoved into the cup. Pops the c clip.

Just 4. 6s isn’t going to hurt that steel spur. Plus slipped pinions won’t tear it up also. The guy I got this spur from makes some nice parts for Arrma also. He uses 7075 aluminum.

OK Pro-MT owners,

So I bought this truck back in October but never got around to putting it together before the deep winter set in. It's sitting in my room unassembled and basically brand new. I've been following this thread since the Pro MT came out. Not long after I bought it, I saw lots of issues popping up on this thread and on other forums. Seems this truck has a number of problems which end up being rather expensive and time-consuming to fix?

Do you all think it's worth the hassle? Because I've thought about just selling it and getting the Losi Tenacity MT, which doesn't seem to have the same issues.

It’s a great platform. I love this truck. I had to do a few upgrades. The one part it really needs is the aluminum steering servo arm. Which will be out soon. There are a other bugs but nothing big. It’s worth doing the work. On Facebook there is lots of info.

Attachments

• 0F420C23-EDDF-4760-BC74-A410B5FAF419.jpeg
    0F420C23-EDDF-4760-BC74-A410B5FAF419.jpeg
    222.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 53C34A15-82C7-4DE8-8113-950A5DCF946D.jpeg
    53C34A15-82C7-4DE8-8113-950A5DCF946D.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 66
I’m not the type whe expects instant gratification from bashing an RC vehicle. Proline is making all the upgrades that a bunch of us are asking for. The steering arm and shock caps seem to be what’s needed. I added RPM long links for Traxxas 1/10. That helped tremendously with saving shock caps. I did the wheel spacers....need fresh sharp drill bits to make the pin holes a little larger. Then the tiny little bearings in the steering rack. Everyone is just putting aluminum or Delrin plastic bushings in there. Or getting higher quality bearings. The small C clip retaining rings around the front and rear pinion drives. They need a dab of JB weld to keep them from coming off. A good tower to tower brace is good also. I enjoy working towards a close to Bulletproof RC. Each one takes time. They all need tweaks to make awesome. Proline Matt Wallace has been right there helping out. I got mine ripping awesome. But I’ve been doing this for 30 plus years also. The work I did on this thing has made this a seriously impressive basher. I’m running the Max 10 and a 1900kv Leopard 16T on 4S. Not a heavy 1/8 scale system.

Last edited:
I’m not the type whe expects instant gratification from bashing an RC vehicle. Proline is making all the upgrades that a bunch of us are asking for. The steering arm and shock caps seem to be what’s needed. I added RPM long links for Traxxas 1/10. That helped tremendously with saving shock caps. I did the wheel spacers....need fresh sharp drill bits to make the pin holes a little larger. Then the tiny little bearings in the steering rack. Everyone is just putting aluminum or Delrin plastic bushings in there. Or getting higher quality bearings. The small C clip retaining rings around the front and rear pinion drives. They need a dab of JB weld to keep them from coming off. A good tower to tower brace is good also. I enjoy working towards a close to Bulletproof RC. Each one takes time. They all need tweaks to make awesome. Proline Matt Wallace has been right there helping out. I got mine ripping awesome. But I’ve been doing this for 30 plus years also. The work I did on this thing has made this a seriously impressive basher. I’m running the Max 10 and a 1900kv Leopard 16T on 4S. Not a heavy 1/8 scale system.

OK, thanks. Since I'm not on Facebook, I might have missed the part about Pro-Line coming out with replacement parts to iron out the kinks. I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

From what I've seen of the truck, it looks great --- I was just curious how owners felt about the return on their investment.

They think the price of the truck is a little high. It should already have the upgrades. However...I did get sent upgrades for free. I got the first attempt at fixing the steering for free. The parts material was changed. It became unbreakable but too flexible to steer properly. Once I got all my bugs ironed out, I was glad I stuck with it. It’s super fun, has a bunch of pros to it. Mine takes some real hard hits and survives them. I almost sold this thing also but I’m glad I didn’t. For someone that has less experience.....they will get agrivated and give up. Or someone that just doesn’t like wrenching. The aluminum steeeing should be on their web page soon. So they say. Because I did fix the steering, that stopped me from selling. I love how fun it is when running well.

I fixed my steering long ago by doing this. But most people wouldn’t go this route.

Attachments

• F025009B-FB2A-4C89-B7A5-637F83882075.jpeg
    F025009B-FB2A-4C89-B7A5-637F83882075.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 72
  • FFF399F0-32AD-4940-B642-430053A7C985.jpeg
    FFF399F0-32AD-4940-B642-430053A7C985.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 71A5E7B6-EAD3-4E3E-AAEF-337EC06FB8A9.jpeg
    71A5E7B6-EAD3-4E3E-AAEF-337EC06FB8A9.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 71
Hi

There is one thing I dont like about the truck and that is the top shock mounts, there is no way for the shocks to move. Most upper shock mounts us some sort of a pivit ball bushing to compensate for forward and backwards movement in the A-Arms. Without that kind of bushing there is a good chance of popping shock caps or breaking off the upper shock mounts when you hit something.

You would be much better off selling the ProLine PRO MT 4x4 and getting a Team Redcat TR-MT10E. The TR-MT10E sells for $299.99 and comes with a lot of upgrades out of the box. The truck is a beast and comes with a Savox servo and Hobbywing motor/ESC. As expensive as the PRO MT 4x4 is, it should be rock solid and not need these upgrade parts for it to perform up to the hype.

I like ProLine and use the ProSpec shocks on my Fury which are very good but can't recommend the PRO MT 4x4. If they ever released a version 2 with all the upgrade parts and keep the price the same, then it would be a really solid choice.

Best regards,
Brian

Hi

There is one thing I don't like about the truck and that is the top shock mounts, there is no way for the shocks to move. Most upper shock mounts us some sort of a pivit ball bushing to compensate for forward and backwards movement in the A-Arms. Without that kind of bushing there is a good chance of popping shock caps or breaking off the upper shock mounts when you hit something.
I did notice that. But the shock tower flexes plenty when it’s stresses that way. The RPM links and a capture washer really helps to prevent that. I like the Proline because it includes killer tires and a solid body. The Redcat is also a sweet truck. I love Redcat. The Proline has a few bugs but every rc I ever had does. It’s a great platform. I’m glad I didn’t sell it. Definitely not a boring rc to me. Definitely a version one.

Back