Proline Pro Mt 4x4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My HPI Bullet came with rubber bushings in the diff cups. It’s since been modified into a street tuck, was never a good platform for a monster truck. The ProMT breakage is not related to a bad design or weak material. My theory is once the shock cap snapped, the dog bone extended to the edge of the diff cup and I probably applied throttle to self right it without knowing the suspension was damaged. Really just a fluke accident. I’ll probably never repeat it.
What weight shock oil ? I went with 50 weight. There was a time with my Kraton where my thinking was telling me..... the shock oil was too thick. I kept increasing the weight. I started to notice more breakage. It’s hard to tell. I have not seen a plastic shock cap snap yet but you did it. Lol. I’ve been holding off on my Tekno for shock caps. I have them on my short list. The plastic has been going strong.

Over the years, I have completely given up on winter rc.

The pro mt 4x4 is like a big powered 1/10. I love running 4S in it and it’s so nimble.
When I bring my RC’s in my vehicle. I’ll keep my lipos in military ammo boxes or lipo bags also.

Last edited:
Hi

I missed out on getting the two wheel drive version but I sure as heck was not going to miss out on the four wheel drive version. So I ordered one up from T.H. for $340.00 at the beginning of the month, unfortunately it will have to sit doing nothing untill I can afford to get all of the electronics, but untill then here is a picture of it.
IMG_3182.JPG

Hi all, just posting some pics for those who want to see the Pro Mt up close .
View attachment 13641
I completely stuffed the body due to rushing ,its currently black perminant marker all over the outside in photos it looks not to bad as upposed to how it came out after painting :(
View attachment 13640
View attachment 13642
View attachment 13643
View attachment 13644
View attachment 13645
View attachment 13646
View attachment 13647
View attachment 13648
Combo currently fitted for "6s testing purposes "
Great buy, nice truck for sure !! We like the TEKNO mt410.

trucks too damn small does nothing but flips i do double back flips off the curbs like it was nothing and thats on 4s blew up diff and spur proline need to make thicker tires that dont balloon like all the ones they have out and there is a company that does make a metal spur gear https://www.facebook.com/M3CustomRc/ plus they make super thick aluminum parts for the 1\8 arrma

I have mine powered with a 1/10 ESC, a long can 1900kv 1/10 size motor on 4S. One million in center diff. I don’t have the issues you say. No ballooning, not too much power. My setup is very fast, does backflip on jumps. The hex extensions I added were great. I like it wider. I’m not a fan of standing backflips. To me it’s not something I find necessary. Some like it, which is cool. The power is great but I like to use it smoother if you will.

Last edited:
As far as Proline goes...they are slow to answer E-mail, they send out the wrong parts often. However, I always enjoy the products they put out.

My son beat on the PLMT 4x4 this weekend. It did extremely well and he drove it like a pro. One thing I will point out, and I already knew about this issue. In the steering rack, there are very tiny bearings that blow out easily and cause the truck not to hold a straight line. My fix is to double up the rack part 4005-35A and replace the bearings with bushings made from slippery Delrin plastic. I ordered it from McMaster Carr. I will have to machine it unfortunately but it should be a good fix. A good buddy of mine, Rich Duperbash was able to find aluminum bushings that just dropped right in. Longer bolts and washers were used also.

there are very tiny bearings that blow out easily and cause the truck not to hold a straight line.

I’ll have to check my steering rack. I installed the spectrum AVC receiver and it compensates for steering stabilization and I wouldn’t notice if it tracks straight unless I turn it off.

F9CE637C-0C98-4D32-8714-82E5A760B16A.jpeg
I’ll have to check my steering rack. I installed the spectrum AVC receiver and it compensates for steering stabilization and I wouldn’t notice if it tracks straight unless I turn it off.
I don’t use AVC..I have on drift cars. I just don’t need it on anything else. It’s very fun on ice, I can see it masking this issue.
After the tiny bearings exploded, I did notice the drift immediately. Those bearings are way too small. I think I got a better part here. This material might be my next magic repair, go to material. It’s very abrasion proof and self lubricating. I double up the rack part then put a washer and a bushing made from the slippery Delrin. The bolt has to be slightly longer also. I think This will work well....weather is going to crap again.

Last edited:
A foot of snow is on the way. More time to tinker. Hopefully the weather will start to change soon.

Finally got my replacement parts from proline. I’ll have the ProMT back together while watching the snow fall tomorrow.

Finally got my replacement parts from proline. I’ll have the ProMT back together while watching the snow fall tomorrow.

I hear you. I just fired up the snow blower and did the driveway. However, I was able to get all the RC’s back into good shape also. We found a few weak spots last run. Got some mesh in the body etc.

F22B9F6E-E596-414A-91A7-5648CF4A9FBD.jpeg
I decided to see how it is to order a part from Germany. I’m not in any rush, the parts that this company makes look real nice. I sure didn’t need it, just wanted it. Although I do like the plastic mod one spur in the Proline, a steel gear is always good also.

View attachment 17200 I decided to see how it is to order a part from Germany. I’m not in any rush, the parts that this company makes look real nice. I sure didn’t need it, just wanted it. Although I do like the plastic mod one spur in the Proline, a steel gear is always good also.
Looking forward to your report on these metal spurs. I haven’t seen any wear on the plastic spur, but there’s nothing like piece of mind running a metal spur. I wonder how it will sound with metal pinion on metal spur?

Looking forward to your report on these metal spurs. I haven’t seen any wear on the plastic spur, but there’s nothing like piece of mind running a metal spur. I wonder how it will sound with metal pinion on metal spur?

My Tekno has a steel spur, it’s loud. It improved with the aluminum diff mount and the brace I added. I’m sure the PLMT will be loud with steel, however the mesh will be better with their style of motor mount. I sure do like how quiet the plastic spur gear is but I am a fan of steel spurs. I just rather have one than not.

0D5D01E6-6004-4CE1-B0F4-E8D66522D617.jpeg
78CA4A21-E582-4B04-AAB7-D6FAD9655BAE.jpeg
It took about 12 days to get from Germany to me in NJ. I didn’t run it yet...just got it installed.

Back