PICCO .28 JLR Team Turbo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcsss1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi.. I was just wondering if anyone has any information on the PICCO .28 JLR Team Turbo shown in the picture below?? I am really interested in buying one but i havent heard any news on them. I'm looking at putting it on my Kyosho Inferno GT1.

Not really too sure what would be a good pipe for this motor on the GT.. I heard a good pipe can make or break the performance.. If someone can help me with some pipe options that would be great.

Please Help.. Thanks gcsss1

Attachments

• ofn51234.jpg
    ofn51234.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
not too sure on that motor specifically, but Picco motors are very good so I wouldnt have any worries about it being bad. As far as pipes go, I would look at any of OFNAs JP- series pipes JP-1,2,3,4,5, or 6 are all very good. Other good pipes would be Dynamite and RB. Are you looking for an engine for racing, or bashing?

not too sure on that motor specifically, but Picco motors are very good so I wouldnt have any worries about it being bad. As far as pipes go, I would look at any of OFNAs JP- series pipes JP-1,2,3,4,5, or 6 are all very good. Other good pipes would be Dynamite and RB. Are you looking for an engine for racing, or bashing?
Not so much racing.. More bashing but i want to get the best mid to top end speed i can get... You know what i mean.. I FEEL THE NEED.. THE NEED FOR SPEED!!! LOL

Where online can i get these pipes from???

Last edited:
Put a Dynamite 086 pipe on it. I found good prices on E-Bay for Dynamite hard coated pipes. I own quite a few pipes, the Dynamites seem to be the best quality and the most affordable vs. all the other manufactuers. You want a ballistic pipe for it, check out Extreme RC Mods.. It's going to be around 100 dollars for his. The 086 is the next best thing and is around 50 bucks complete. 086 is a mid to top end pipe style. Several manufactuers sell them.

Thanks very much for your help guys.. Really appreciate it.:)

You can expect something a little more tame then this, it's a picco .28 that was modified for a monster truck, I just stuck it in the car to see what it would do lol. It has a dynamite 086 and a werks short conical header. The Ofna 086 is a little better IMO then the dynamite 086 but my pipe edges them both out for performance gains. I DO NOT recommend using the needle bearings clutch set up, the IGT2 has a bell that uses standard clutch bearings and you can just swap the gears over. Those needle bearings will wear out the crank in no time and then your gear mesh will always be loose which is not good.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1tBmQuJZ0I"]YouTube - ‪Extreme RC Mods Picco .28 Kyosho GT onroad‬‏[/ame]

You can expect something a little more tame then this, it's a picco .28 that was modified for a monster truck, I just stuck it in the car to see what it would do lol. It has a dynamite 086 and a werks short conical header. The Ofna 086 is a little better IMO then the dynamite 086 but my pipe edges them both out for performance gains. I DO NOT recommend using the needle bearings clutch set up, the IGT2 has a bell that uses standard clutch bearings and you can just swap the gears over. Those needle bearings will wear out the crank in no time and then your gear mesh will always be loose which is not good.

YouTube - ‪Extreme RC Mods Picco .28 Kyosho GT onroad‬‏

Thanks. I have already changed the bell bearings to the std metal shielded ones. And i have put the new 2 speed upgrade Evolva inspired gears. But your car sounds GREAT! Thanks for your advice Mods. So which pipe did you say was better?? The OFNA or the Dynamite??

IMO the Ofna has the upper hand, it is louder and has a noticeable difference in power. They are very close in performance and construction and then even the same product # but if I had to buy one, I would take the Ofna. What are you running for tires? I found the green dot Onfa foams grip pretty well and last quite a while, even drifting a lot. Have you got a link to that two speed, my car is all stock but the gears are getting pretty chewed up, I have had no issues otherwise. From the box I put a new radio in, engine, pipe and tires, adjusted ride height and that's it, one of the most hassle free RC's I've ever had.

IMO the Ofna has the upper hand, it is louder and has a noticeable difference in power. They are very close in performance and construction and then even the same product # but if I had to buy one, I would take the Ofna. What are you running for tires? I found the green dot Onfa foams grip pretty well and last quite a while, even drifting a lot. Have you got a link to that two speed, my car is all stock but the gears are getting pretty chewed up, I have had no issues otherwise. From the box I put a new radio in, engine, pipe and tires, adjusted ride height and that's it, one of the most hassle free RC's I've ever had.

OK. Ill give you the link but be WARNED!!!! I have had heaps of issues with the conversion on my GT1. First of all the front driveshaft they give you is too long (which in fact is the standard driveshaft on the GT1) It actually does NOT fit without a great deal of fiddling around. First i had to take new 2 speed gear assembly apart and fit the gear shaft from the old gear assembly modifing the flat spot for the grub screw to lock in the right place for the internal 2 speed clutch shoes. This went together ok. Next i found that the clutch bell bearings did not work. I the top bearing was sticking past the end of the pilot shaft thus when tightening the clutch bell screw it would bind on the internal rim of the bearing. So i have now bought some 5x10 x3mm bearing to put on the top of the bell to give me some extra room.. In my experiance and opinion i feel that this 2 speed gear assembly is really made for the GT2 which has the newer GXR28SG engine. I would be guessing but i think the crank shaft which incorporates the pilot shaft is slightly longer. If you still want to be hassle free try different size gears on the original assembly. Or maybe changing to a GT2.

So here is the link.... Good luck... like to hear how you go.
http://www.infernosonly.com/Kyosho_Inferno_GT2_2_Shoe_2_Speed_Racing_Trans_p/kyoigw008.htm

As far as tyres. I'm just using some really poopy tyres. I have used Gandini's Rally and found them to be quite good for bashing on the street. Never used foamys. Will try the OFNA's. Thanks for that.:D

Back