ofna starter box died

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigron

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys i purchased a ofna starter box it uses a 12cell battery and two 540 electric motors not even two months old and it has already died .I bought a new battery still a no go motors are not siezed up they turn freely is there a warranty on starter boxes?What should i check next.

It's probably not the battery or the motors. It might be as simple as the contact switch when you press down on the car. There is no exotic circuitry in there, so ask someone who knows basic electric to check it out for you.

first off which OFNA starter box is it?

Double check all the wiring to the motors. You may have a loose connection. If by any chance you switched polarity when hooking her up to the gel cell, you could have toasted the motor windings...

Check the speing loaded starter swich, thats were mine had trouble. It gets used so much that the plastic around the contact had melted and when it was pressed down would not make contact. I cleaned it up and has worked ever since.

if he had cross the polarity then his rc would not have started because his bump box motors would be running backwards right?

I have the ofna bump box that is blue with a chrome top and sometimes i have to open it and clean the sand and dirt that falls in it out from around the contacts.

Back