OFNA 2 speed transmissions?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loco_stunt_guy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a Ofna Ultra Lx that the center diff went out on. It striped the gears out after the first gallon I ran through it.
Any way I was wanting to replace it with a two speed. I saw that Ofna offers 2 styles and wasn't sure what the diferances were.:puke:

2 speeds are not for buggies. This is not my opinion but the opinion of the class. My 2 cents is really ask yourself why your buggy needs a 2 speed? Are you running it just huge wide open areas or just on street? Although buggies can run on bumpy off road, and pavement, they are really meant for groomed dirt and short straights and huge air. Get an on-road if you want a 2 speed imho. My buggy does like 65mph, and I am wondering who can control that speed on dirt cuz I sure can't. One little bump @ that speed sends my buggy for as loop.

Originally posted by humboldtblazer
2 speeds are not for buggies. This is not my opinion but the opinion of the class. My 2 cents is really ask yourself why your buggy needs a 2 speed? Are you running it just huge wide open areas or just on street? Although buggies can run on bumpy off road, and pavement, they are really meant for groomed dirt and short straights and huge air. Get an on-road if you want a 2 speed imho. My buggy does like 65mph, and I am wondering who can control that speed on dirt cuz I sure can't. One little bump @ that speed sends my buggy for as loop.

ummm wtf do you have in your buggy to make it go "65mph" ?????

my ws7II might do 45-50 on pav..

probably 60 is more like it, and it is a Sirio .21 SR AAC with 20% BT Race formula. poop my Tmaxx does like 48 (with Sirio TX .18 and pipe)or close to it and my buggy kills it. WS7 is a good engine and should get you a little quiker than that. Thats just my opinion.

so you saying your off road buggy is doing 60.... Id pay to see this.. on roads will kill it 2-speeds and they are only 60-70mph...

i have a siro .21 br sitting right next to me, and i know its not any faster then my ws7II.... maybe 60kmh.. :shrug:

Bottom line is this! and This is not just my opinion either!

on road= concrete
off road=dirt
off road buggy on concrete at any speed=Very BAD idea!!!
on road car on dirt= well!! now thats just &$^&%^STUPID!

Come on guys. I just wanted to know the differences in the transmissions. :sniper: If you don't know thats fine, I'll end up buying one and finding out or just calling OFNA.

Maybe you two need to go find a parking lot somewhere and find out whose is bigger.

Back