Not sure my truck is a monster it's nitro. But it doesn't work.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

safesinger

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I spent hours watching video's and another 6 or more hours just trying to get the pos to start no luck./Got the Exceed RC Infinity Nitro it just won't start did everything it said even sadly have to watch a 10 year old open his and start it withoujt issue.
So now it's stuck with tank of Nitro lines full motor filthy I'd like to sledge hammer it but I can't do it so will this gas cause a super issue if I can find a way to sell it off quickly in next day or 2?

Why not learn how to start it? Have you checked the obvious? Glow igniter, glow plug? Is it new, has it been run ever? It might just be something simple.

new nitro fuel or old?. id just pour fuel thats in rc in cat litter

Sounds as if this hobby, nitro , especially may not be for you.

I spent hours watching video's and another 6 or more hours just trying to get the pos to start no luck./Got the Exceed RC Infinity Nitro it just won't start did everything it said even sadly have to watch a 10 year old open his and start it withoujt issue.
So now it's stuck with tank of Nitro lines full motor filthy I'd like to sledge hammer it but I can't do it so will this gas cause a super issue if I can find a way to sell it off quickly in next day or 2?
Don't give up man! I'm also new to nitro, but I have started mine rather quickly.

Couple of things to do before starting up.

1. Preheat the engine. Makes pulling the pull start way easier. Ask me, I've snapped mine and had to fix it! :mad:
2. Prime the engine. Blow into the tube connected to the exhaust until you see fuel reach the carb. Not too much. You will flood the engine.
3. Check if your glow plug is working by taking it out and putting your glow igniter on it.
4. Make sure the glow ignitor is charged!
5. Give the throttle a bit of throttle trim to open the carb a bit more before starting.
6. If the pull start is still tight, loosen the glow plug a crack.

There are three things it needs. Fuel to the carb, air and "spark" in the form of the glow plug's heat.

If those are met, it should start up.

I've done all the above:-(
It just won't start brand new RC brand new Nitro.
I understand how it works went through checking the glo plug and the ignitor popped air filer verified it's not closed or open to far. Verified pins were set to factory break in. 3.5 low & high
verified it's getting gas.
My luck I get a poop RC to start with to ruin what I thought I might enjoy it's done the absolute opposite caused unneeded stress and headache.
What ruined it for me is after 6 hours of watching troubleshooting videos and trying all the stuff it said to try I run into a video of a 10 year old that lickedy split opened the box heated and started without issue.
Anger ensued the thought that I may be mentally handicapped seriously disturbed me.

Last edited:
I've done all the above:-(
It just won't start brand new RC brand new Nitro.
I understand how it works went through checking the glo plug and the ignitor popped air filer verified it's not closed or open to far.
verified it's getting gas.
My luck I get a poop RC to start with to ruin what I thought I might enjoy it's done the absolute opposite caused unneeded stress and headache.
What ruined it for me is after 6 hours of watching troubleshooting videos and trying all the stuff it said to try I run into a video of a 10 year old that lickedy split opened the box heated and started without issue.
Bummer.

I'm sure there is something small standing in the way of it starting.

I think dont get frustrated. I almost chucked mine in the bin. I was super frustrated. But in the end it started and I'm happy. The good thing that comes from struggling is that you learn a lot.

I'm not that well verswd in nitro yet. Buy I'm sure someone will be around to give some sage advice. Keep at it and good luck!

I offer my services As a former nitro support tech via phone.

I offer my services As a former nitro support tech via phone.
At this point I am trying to return it. Pretty much give up not worth the headache. I think I will go back to flying electric helicopters. Damn happy I never decided to go Nitro on then it would have destroyed that hobby for me as well.
Making me contact their tech support . Have a feeling returning may not be like a Walmart return. Silly doubt he or she will have me do something I haven't already done 10x over.

Last edited:
Still out $50 though for the Nitro and starter kit. Went through a quarter tank just trying to start it. lol
Believe it or not I am kind of sad I can't get it running. Really thought it was something I would enjoy> I have no trouble fixing my cars and scooter and motorcycle I thought this would be a relaxed breeze. How wrong I was.

Last edited:
Figured I would attach a video mostly so you can hear it. The sound stays the same the motor never sounds differently. Well it doesn't start so it only makes sound when I try to start it.

Did you ever pull the glow plug from the engine an stick it on the igniter by itself to see if the plug glowed?
The engine should start even with out that heat ,also ,you need to pull that air filter off an set the idle gap ,as
some engine wont start if the gap is open too much!

Yes, it glows. I did check idle gap. it's set right. I'm pretty convinced it's defective.
I am dreading having to call tech support only to go over all the poop I already did. I read the manuals I watched hours of video plus hours of reading prior to buying it so I didn't just sloppily open the box and try starting it.

Last edited:
Yes it glows. I did check idle gap. it's set right.

Does it seem like a lot of fuel is just pouring out of the exhaust?
I dont mess around if a new engine wont start at factory carb settings ,because factory settings is set filthy rich ,that
alone will hender an engine from starting ,so when that happens ,I will actually lean the Hsn needle in some until the
engine starts ,then once it starts ,richen the engine back up while engine is running!

Last edited:
Seems to be getting plenty of gas. I didn't over do it would get hard to pull. start.

I know this may sound ridiculous to some, but I had a nitro motor that was stubborn as hell to start. I have been a small engine mechanic most of my life, and I have always wondered why is there no choke on these. Every 2 stroke small engine I ever worked on had a choke. Now back to the stubborn engine, I removed the air filter, primed the engine putting my finger over the exhaust stinger and pulled the starter a few times until fuel reached the carb, then I choked the carb using my finger. Well that engine that was always a pain in the ass to start fired right up. None of my other nitro engines I had ever gave me a problem, but this one was a nightmare. Once I figured out what it wanted I ran that engine for many gallons until it just wore out. You have nothing to lose to try it. Squeeze the air filter elbo to cut off the air, or put your finger over the throat of the carb. Just make sure your hands are clean and there is no dirt that can get into the carb.

Nitro engines dont start easy when they are new ,it is not because they arent broken in ,it is because the carb needle settings
are wrong & way out of wack!
Once the engine is broke in an the carb is tuned on a much leaner tune ,the engine will start much easier an not
because the engine is broke in ,it is because of the leaner tune!..🤣😂

Nitro engines dont start easy when they are new ,it is not because they arent broken in ,it is because the carb needle settings
are wrong & way out of wack!
Once the engine is broke in an the carb is tuned on a much leaner tune ,the engine will start much easier an not
because the engine is broke in ,it is because of the leaner tune!..🤣😂
So nothing is ever defective every single motor is exactly working off the line? Doubt it I have watched many videos and a long while back a friend start his for 1st time none had the issue I am having . Clipping line doesn't work tried that right away. In the end a motor is a motor air,gas, spark needed to fire up. That hasn't changed not even with these tiny motors. I left pins stock as they arrived when it still owuldn't start after 3 hours I then checked the pins so nothing is OUT of WHACK

So nothing is ever defective every single motor is exactly working off the line? Doubt it I have watched many videos and a long while back a friend start his for 1st time none had the issue I am having . Clipping line doesn't work tried that right away. In the end a motor is a motor air,gas, spark needed to fire up. That hasn't changed not even with these tiny motors.

Not saying ,I've had defective stuff from factory!
An yea ,it is possible that the manufacture could have put the piston in backwards!..:hehe:

This is my kind of luck. Have a feeling I am stuck with this thing. Ain't no one gonna pay anywhere near what I paid for it. It's now not new and it doesn't work.

Back