New Traxxas Slash Owner

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abadk9420

Broke Down Driver
In Memoriam
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well I finally took the plunge and bought a new Slash from Tower Hobbies:D, to bad it's on the UPS truck some where between Reno and Sacramento:(, I am guessing it will be here by Thursday, knock on wood, LOL!!! I will post pics when it arives, can't wait to let this thing rip, gonna run it on a 7 cell 3300nimh pack for now, but I have plans to go brushless and lipo down the road:eek:

Good to see another slash owner on the boards. Welcome.

Congrats on the new rig.

You'll love it. It is one tough rig.

Congratulations on the new rig, glad to hear you've got one on the way. :)

yes sir and I sold some other stuff too, and put it on EZ-pay LOL!!!

Ez pay is one of the best ideas tower has had. Its helped a lot of people get into the hobby, especially in this economic crunch. Enjoy!

Just checked on the tracking# and it says it's out for delivery:D Man I hope the UPS guy gets here soon, I got my batteries charged and my soldering stuff out and ready to swap out the battery plug to a Deans so I can play a little before I have to go to work today:D

EZ pay is definitely one of the best things tower has done and one of the biggest reasons why I shop with them. Not to mention, since I'm a member of the super saver club, which was only $10 to join, I got my slash for $165 and free shipping. :first_place:

EZ pay rocks but Slash's rock harder...glad to hear your enrolled in the slah club now!! Welcome

Well it showed up today but now I gotta go to work so I don't get to play with it until tomorrow:(

Some pics of the new Slash that was added to the stable today:D
P1080038Medium.jpg

P1080039Medium.jpg

P1080041Medium.jpg

P1080042Medium.jpg

Had to swap out the connector for a Deans Plug
P1080043Medium.jpg

P1080045Medium.jpg

My son driving it on its maiden run, LOL!!!!
P1080048Medium.jpg

P1080052Medium.jpg

A little Hang Time

Took it for a little hang time off of the launch ramp:D

P1080066Medium.jpg

P1080067Medium.jpg

P1080076Medium.jpg

P1080077Medium.jpg

Nice pictures! Did you read the disclaimer?

Caution: traxxas slash may induce smiles and feelings of enjoyment. Lol

Thanks it looks pretty good flying through the air, LOL!!! but I found out that the shocks caps don't really care for it much after getting to much air and blowing one off of the rear shock, LOL!!!!

easy fix....my next upgrade is going to be big bore shocks. My plastic caps keep popping too.

Same here, i had one pop in a race. Fortunatly it was just a heat.

Back