New to me AE pro4 sc10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The improvements you get are easily worth the 160-dollar difference. The Tenacity comes with a programmable 130A ESC, aluminium shocks, and aluminium shock towers. Not to mention it has a flat aluminium chassis with a low center of gravity. You can pitch one against actual race trucks like a Tekno on any surface. With a Pro4, you have to be a considerably better driver. Between equal drivers, it’s a losing game.

I dislike being so negative about the Pro4 since I own one and have put a lot of effort into tuning it. But it is what it is.
Well sure the extra money may be worth it. But for a lot of people, that extra money is a deal breaker.

Well sure the extra money may be worth it. But for a lot of people, that extra money is a deal breaker.
Yeah people want stuff to be cheap. And then they ask which motor/esc combo and aluminium shocks they should buy as ”must have” upgrades.

I managed to get much better performance from the stock shocks with slightly oversized pistons. The stock ones let quite a bit of oil past the edges and it reduces high-speed damping.

Sometimes a lower entry cost let's people with budget challenges try out a new hobby.

I know people who can justify $330 for a RTR AE SC10, but can't get to the $470 + Radio + Servo + Motor + ESC + Wheels/Tires + body cost to try a Tekno SC.

Yep, pros and cons to RTR platforms. I'm not going to get into the whole alternative R.T.R. acronym meanings people have come up with over the years. I just wish Team Associated would offer a Pro4 SC10 and Pro2 SC10 kits. I would have gladly bought both of them. Would it/does it really cost a whole lot more to package up separate bags of hardware, and parts?

It would be a welcome sight to see some less expensive kits back on the market, but I fear it's just wishful thinking.

Sometimes a lower entry cost let's people with budget challenges try out a new hobby.

I know people who can justify $330 for a RTR AE SC10, but can't get to the $470 + Radio + Servo + Motor + ESC + Wheels/Tires + body cost to try a Tekno SC.
That’s reasonable. I think the Tenacity falls nicely in between because it has the cost of a race kit but comes ready to run.

I also would like to see kit versions of RTR cars. Maybe they are too much of a niche after all? Casual buyers want RTR and serious hobbyists go for race kits? I don’t know.

What I do know is that I bought a DR10 kit and I’m using spare parts to build it into an RB10.

Glad I found this thread. I've been running my Pro4 in a 4wd SCT mod class for fun and getting spanked by a field of teknos and couple 2wd AE/Losi trucks. I'm trying to get my driver skills up to snuff but this is a really fun platform to work on and race.

Here's my current setup:
1000010752.jpg

Old LRP 6.5t sensored motor (turned way way down)
12t pinion
120amp quicrun ESC
Powerhobby servo
Stock shock oil wt
Stock diff wt (diffs were practically dry when I got them)
Using shorty packs to save a little weight
Flysky gt5 tx/Rx gyro off
Currently running bald eagles on a high bite clay track.

Where can I find more info on the antisquat? I've seen it mentioned a few forums/reddit but not 100% sure what is involved? Sounds like flipping the c block upside down?

Last edited:
Glad I found this thread. I've been running my Pro4 in a 4wd SCT mod class for fun and getting spanked by a field of teknos and couple 2wd AE/Losi trucks. I'm trying to get my driver skills up to snuff but this is a really fun platform to work on and race.

Here's my current setup:
View attachment 185459

Old LRP 6.5t sensored motor (turned way way down)
12t pinion
120amp quicrun ESC
Powerhobby servo
Stock shock oil wt
Stock diff wt (diffs were practically dry when I got them)
Using shorty packs to save a little weight
Flysky gt5 tx/Rx gyro off
Currently running bald eagles on a high bite clay track.

Where can I find more info on the antisquat? I've seen it mentioned a few forums/reddit but not 100% sure what is involved? Sounds like flipping the c block upside down?
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/thread...-team-associated-pro4-sc10-rival-mt10.138158/

Anyone try running shock limiters to lower the truck a couple mm?

I run a slightly shorter shock, but i only rip mine for fun on my bumpy dirt track, no racing. So probably doesn't help you much haha

Anyone try running shock limiters to lower the truck a couple mm?
Internal shock limiters are for decreasing droop, not ride height. The front can benefit from 1–2 mm limiters inside the shock to decrease sudden oversteer mid-corner.

Lowering the truck is much easier, just turn the spring nuts on the shock bodies.

I run a slightly shorter shock, but i only rip mine for fun on my bumpy dirt track, no racing. So probably doesn't help you much haha
what shocks are you running? i had some traxxas slash niride coated shocks that were a few mm shorter than stock shafts that i put in the truck the other night just to see how it handles. It lowered the ride height to where i think i want it.

I have shocks off a losi tenacity tt. They honestly dont seem to perform much better than stock, but they are aluminum. And my stock ones were getting pretty worn and sloppy.

Back