New Mini-B BL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jduubs

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Got a new mini-b yesterday. Threw some new shocks and towers on today. Any recommended next mod for carpet short track?

IMG_3423.jpeg

IMG_3422.jpeg

Last edited:
ProLine Prism rear and wedge tire front
Or wait for JConcepts to release fuzz bite carpet tires
I would also upgrade the servo and servo saver/horn package.
I have a Mini B myself. I race on carpet aswell. Here is my build link: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/losi-mini-b-club-racer-build.138622/ View attachment 178592
Thanks for the reply and build link! I bought a battery and adapter from the local shop, and the combo was wrong. A protek battery, and adapter(didnt check right there). Can I keep the 1100mah protek and just get the right adapter?

Welcome to the site. Sweet buggy.

Nice!
Do you know if I’ll be able to run that 1100 mah battery if I get the correct wire? Will it work with the stock USBC charger?

The battery I used has a deans plug so if you solder a deans plug on the motor in the car, yes it will work. But for the USB charger the car came with, I don't think so as I believe it's a spektrum smart battery only charger.

Thanks. Any opinion on the cva? Immediately necessary?

Thanks. Any opinion on the cva? Immediately necessary?
Not really needed right now but is a good upgrade does the road. I heard with the new brushless one they updated the ball cups, but idk how true that is. So with stock, if you pop a ball cup, it is a dogbone driveshaft so it would just pop out. I still run the kit dogbones so that's why I spray painted them orange so if they do fall out, I can see them on the black carpet track.
I been looking to upgrade to the new TLR tuned cvas and rear hubs. Most likely won't get it until I can race again as the carpet track I was going to had to close up. I could run in at the local indoor dirt track, but they don't run minis and the track in general is what I feel like is too harsh on the mini b.

Well, I’ll probably get the TLR cvas and hubs next then. Planning on keeping everything I take off and a good set of dirt tires in addition to the wedge combo.

Yea that's what I normally do
If I upgrade anything and the part I had on is not broken, I keep for spare parts

Put some TLR 60w in my new HR shocks. Also went with the silver HR spring for now. Haven’t measured ride height since the change. Want to get around 12-17.

image.jpg

Also put a few strips of lead tape in front of servo and in battery bay. Unclear on exact weight, but it’s what I use for my golf clubs if that makes any sense. 😂
Next up tires.

Last edited:
What’d you do now?
When bashing in the basement new years eve. Must have sent her a bit too hard
Broke the hot racing aluminum servo saver. Don't know how I did it, but the aluminum snapped in half.
Had that servo saver on since july and had seen lots of abuse. Don't know if aluminum holds its strength after a while? Don't know what kind of aluminum they used tho.
But either way. I'm not mad. Just a little sad. Cause I can't find a place to race the mini b on a actual racing track near me, and can't have fun doing RCs inside at home on the weekends.
Can't wait for summer. More 10th scale buggy racing.
Really hoping my buddies can find a new spot, as the old (RC Underground) spot was kinda a fail during the last month of operation.

Back