Need help with shredded cluch bell

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

olds97_lss

RCNT VIP
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing
What vehicle is it? Is the spur steel?

I tend to seek out hardened bells as they tend to last longer with plastic and are kind of required if you have steel spurs. I found that out the hard way...

That was a hardened spur against a standard bell... one tank.

Connor_TK.Extra

RCNT Member
What vehicle is it? Is the spur steel?

I tend to seek out hardened bells as they tend to last longer with plastic and are kind of required if you have steel spurs. I found that out the hard way...

That was a hardened spur against a standard bell... one tank.
hi thanks for your reply. The car is a hsp bug crush and yes it looks like that but do you know what parts I need and how to stop it happening again.
thanks
Connor

olds97_lss

RCNT VIP
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing
hi thanks for your reply. The car is a hsp bug crush and yes it looks like that but do you know what parts I need and how to stop it happening again.
thanks
Connor
Which one specifically? They have a few. I'd hate to suggest parts and find out your using a different scale truck.

Twitchsoft

RC Newbie
thanks
Connor
It looks like you have your shims too loose. From the pic I see a lot of "play" on the Male end outside the bell. It may be the picture but it should have a hairs worth of room left for heat expansion. Make sure your gear mesh is

Twitchsoft

RC Newbie
It looks like you have your shims too loose. From the pic I see a lot of "play" on the Male end outside the bell. It may be the picture but it should have a hairs worth of room left for heat expansion. Make sure your gear mesh is squared up. Looks like this " ll " and not like this " l/ " and your biggest problem is the poor quality bell. Whenever you see that copper/bronze color like that, never get it again! That's a softer metal. Good luck.

Connor_TK.Extra

RCNT Member
Hi thanks for your reply there is a loose sounding noise but what do I need to tighten and how. I have orders a hardened bell it’s coming tommorow

cbaker65

Hardcore RCNT User
Hi thanks for your reply there is a loose sounding noise but what do I need to tighten and how. I have orders a hardened bell it’s coming tommorow
You would need to take the engine out an inspect the clutches & clutch bell bearings ,sense the bell gear is trash ,
then I would make sure that you replace the bearings as well along with the bell gear ,also ,it would be a good idea
to purchase a shim kit for the clutchbell!

Twitchsoft

RC Newbie
You would need to take the engine out an inspect the clutches & clutch bell bearings ,sense the bell gear is trash ,
then I would make sure that you replace the bearings as well along with the bell gear ,also ,it would be a good idea
Agreed... decent bearings and a shim kit are essential.

Connor_TK.Extra

RCNT Member
I have orders a cluch bell. What do I need to check I am very new to the hobby and am not sure what you mean
Thanks
Connor

cbaker65

Hardcore RCNT User
I have orders a cluch bell. What do I need to check I am very new to the hobby and am not sure what you mean
Thanks
Connor
A shim kit will eliminate any slop or tightness on the bearings that can cause friction & heat an premature bearing
failure ,it also keeps the inside of the bell from riding on the clutch shoe holder pins!

Here is a link to show you what they are ,you can us this link for purchase or you can find your own!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobao-OP-0...029737?hash=item5b70a73329:g:lcYAAOSwt9BecuZi

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Need help identifying this nitro engine! Engines 10
Connor_TK.Extra Need help with parts for my nitro HSP bug crush RC car Nitro RC 15
W Dug out my old Nitro buggy, need help, it's been so long! Nitro RC 1
RookieNumberss Need help identifying what appears to be a bottom of a shock Suspension 3
T Need help ? Buggy and Truggy 4
J Help. Need HPI motor mount 86000. Nitro RC 0
N Need help identifying this nitro car Nitro RC 5
8 Need help identifying this touring car.. On-road and Rally Cars 7
C New here need a little help identifying Electric RC 1
Spencerman74 Need help identifying these planes and how much their worth. Nitro RC 2
E Need help with a Kyosho GS11X Engines 4
F New and need help deciding. Electric RC 4
C Need some help finding a Tx for an old Golden Arrow Electronics 5
M Need help with my wheels Electric RC 2
M Need help with wheel Electric RC 1
H Need help identifying engine Nitro RC 0
M Need help with my pinion and spur gears Electric RC 3
Kimmie28 Need help Paint & Body 3
J Need help with buying parts for my buggy (1/8) Electric RC 5
SpikeTop I need help with tires 1:8 scale Wheels & Tires 17
4 i need help Electric RC 1
C Hello in need of some help nitro rc upgrade Nitro RC 38
Kimmie28 Need help identifying these. Nitro RC 21
F Hey guys new to the world i have a savage x 4.6 just need help to make sure I'm doing things correctly Nitro RC 7
Aden Richard i need help with my brand new lightining str Nitro RC 13
Snowman110011 Need Help With WLToys 12429 RC Rock Crawlers 1
Freddy i need help with placement of a Dbox2 on a Rovan Baja1/5 Buggy. Large Scale RC 0
Freddy Need help to find rc stores in Spain RC Shops, Events, & RC Tracks 1
S Need help identifying a gas boat and motor. RC Boats 6
T Need help identifying this RC truggy Buggy and Truggy 1
D Need Help Nitro Buggy Nitro RC 11
S Need help on setting carb please Large Scale RC 4
Brody hawk I need help with my tmaxx 3.3 Nitro RC 9
P Need some help identifying this model please Nitro RC 2
E Need help adjusting exhaust wire Nitro RC 0
E Need help gearing Arrma Typhon 3s Buggy and Truggy 4
E Need Losi Mach 427 parts and help please. Nitro RC 8
D Need help tuning my OS 18 cvr i saw the tuning fourm already but i need a bit more details Nitro RC 3
M Need help with Redcat XTE 1/10 Electric RC 15
D Need help tuning my O.S. MAX. 18 CV-R. Engines 7
S Need some help with identification of this car Team Losi LST 3
B New race build need help Electric RC 2
Lampwick Hi all new here and need help to I.D this Nitro RC 6
C Need help figuring out what chassis this is or what it is! Electric RC 12
Peeeenuuutt I need help rewiring this old school 3s Hobbico lipo Electric RC 17
A Need help engine change Nitro RC 64
A Need help with a rally game conversation??? Please guys :) Nitro RC 1
crimsonfancy Friends, I need help! Bossman asking for an RC for his son Electric RC 14
J Need help with identifying old road chassis!! Nitro RC 0
WoodiE AMain employees need your help! General Chaos 5