NEED HELP - LRP Z.28R Spec 3 Bearings?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REVO-5309

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so i was out on the last brissy bash and my BB revo decided to stop suddenly.

so i have finally got it pulled apart....

attachment.php

i have found the problem (the one i was hoping), the main bearing has crapped it big time... see below.

attachment.php

luckily when it decided to let go one of the balls got stuck under the rod and stopped the engine before all of that metal went through the motor. it seems to have done no damage. the crank and piston/sleeve looks good and the piston at tdc is still pretty tight so I'm going to rebuild it with new bearings.

now my problem is i can't find any concrete info on the sizes.....

these are the links iv found so far and they are both different... does anyone know what size exactly both of the bearings are?

(this is for a spec 2, not sure if the bearings are actually different)
http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing...ormance/lrp-engines-z-28r-spec-2-pullstart-28

(this is from the part number search)
http://www.familyland.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=158_340&products_id=3514

bearing numbers for stock are
38234 14x24x6
39293 7x19x6

www.lrp.cc/en/service/manuals/?file=2639‎
this is where i got the numbers so you no they are reputable

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

anytime you need bearing sizes or anything of that sort it can usually be found in the manual and a pdf manual can be downloaded from the net

Where did u find the numbers from?the actual
Bearing sizes. Cuz I have the part number but the bearing shop had them under a different size for the spec 2

i got the numbers from the service manual i gave you a link to and then just searched for lrp 38234 and then lrp 39293 on google and thats what i came up with

Yeh k. I just want to make sure I get the correct ones. I live in aus so don't want to pay shipping twice

just measured the shaft for the inside diameter and its actually 13mm. not 14...

gotta love living in oz,i really hate waiting for stuff to come lol

Back