My Xmaxx build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, I don't know why RPM only has the bottom pin with the nut.

I agree, I don't know why RPM only has the bottom pin with the nut.
It's ridiculous. They say the stock bottom pins pop out. But you really need to launch it for that to happen. And also be a newbie any listen and follow what YTers does. For those pins to come out. I haven't had one pop yet. I also haven't had any problems like everyone has had or Bit*he'd about with the truck either... 👍👍

I have some tiny washers I was thinking about installing them behind the little set screw on each arm. The screw that is recommended in my opinion doesn't have a big enough head on them.

I have some tiny washers I was thinking about installing them behind the little set screw on each arm. The screw that is recommended in my opinion doesn't have a big enough head on them.
I agree could always change the screw it self.

Yeah, any large headed screw would work. That's the only purpose of the screw anyway is to hold the pin in.

Yeah, any large headed screw would work. That's the only purpose of the screw anyway is to hold the pin in.
Yupper👍👍 just to hold that retainer in place. Nothing else completely pointless

Today's shipment..

RPM Oversize axle carrier with bearings.
RPM Heavy duty pins with nuts for lower A-arms
#7739 Front shock mounts
#7743 Pin retainer
Both the Oversize axle carriers and shock mounts will be soaked in WD40

IMG_0032.JPG

Oh yeah buddy it's coming along.. one order at a time. Next thing you will know it's complete and your driven it. Awesome man👍👍
Forgot to ask? Did your shock come with oil in them. If so they probably only have 40wt.. you might want to put some 60wt in them. The 40wt was a little to soft for me. I also got stiffer springs from VG racing. I got them in blue of course. They might have in green.
16327806685437210615139022863422.jpg

Last edited:
All of it so far is temporary, but once I have all the parts, then I will go back in and tighten everything up and clean all the left over WD40.
This is all a shot in the dark, so without all the parts, I wasn't sure exactly the order the parts needed to be installed.
She is coming together pretty easy though.

Today's shipment only consisted of a couple parts.

#7732 Caster blocks.

IMG_0034.JPG

I don't like spicy anything really. Pepper is enough for me. I know I'm a puss 🤣🤣🤣
Lol. That's just wrong man! I order my Indian food HOT. They have 5 heat levels and the hottest is so hot I almost have to pause before shoveling the next pile into my pie hole. But I always get it that way and love it. For me, as long as it is good flavor, bring on the fire.

Have you guys tried those ghost pepper chex mix....I can't stop cramming them in my mouth even when I got snot running down my face.... (I think theres a "Thats what she said" joke in there somewhere 🤣) They are really good though!

Strange to me, I guess. They could have just shortened up the pin and just used a set screw like the rest of them.
My guess - someone screwed up the design somewhere along the lines and rather than redesign the part (molds might have already been made when they caught their blunder) or order a different length pin from the machine shop and have yet another part#, they just added that cover. I'd bet money on it actually after looking at the exploded views.

Stub axles and drive shafts will be here in a couple days, and all I have left on the front bulkhead is the diff, drive cups and diff cover.

IMG_0035.JPG

I draw the line at painful eating... :D

Back