My New ________ (guess the RC)

• Thread starter TurboChargedHonda
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the suggestions and comments! Still haven't decided yet, but I think I will build the chassis first, then go to my LHS to pick out a body (leaning more towards a Toyota Hilux or Tacoma). I think my LHS has the RC4WD Tacoma body in stock as well. We'll see.

Thanks for all the suggestions and comments! Still haven't decided yet, but I think I will build the chassis first, then go to my LHS to pick out a body (leaning more towards a Toyota Hilux or Tacoma). I think my LHS has the RC4WD Tacoma body in stock as well. We'll see.
Oh man had a 03 taco on 36" rubber. Love that truck. Nice body

Nice easy to follow step by step instructions. nice clean video quality. My only suggestion would be to turn down the volume of the music a bit. Well done! :thumbs-up:

Nice easy to follow step by step instructions. nice clean video quality. My only suggestion would be to turn down the volume of the music a bit. Well done! :thumbs-up:
Thanks! Will definitely turn down the volume on the next one!
Now, do you recommend Dixie brand paper plates, or would any brand of paper plates do?

😸
Any generic brand would do. Dixie plates were what I had.

Just wondering, but does anyone know how well does the Gen8 International Scout ii body fit the 10ii (other than the wheelbase)?
Edit: I'll check with the LHS for this one.

Last edited:
Well, after more research, I found that there are several transmission choices that can go with this truck. The first option is to keep the AX10 Transmission as is. The second option is to install a 3-position dig unit on the AX10 (regular 4x4, FWD + freewheeling rear axle, FWD + locked rear axle). The third option is to swap the stock AX10 for the SCX10 II transmission and install a 2-speed conversion (from Axial or SSD). The fourth option is the swap the stock AX10 for the RC4WD AX2 2-speed transmission.

I will keep it stock for now but I will probably go with the 3-position dig in the future. I think the concept of it is really cool, and it also seems pretty functional, since it's able to improve maneuverability, and (maybe?) increase runtime as FWD on the trails (less rotational mass). My TRX-4s also have the 2-speed function, which kind of makes the 2-speed upgrade on the 10ii obsolete, so that's why I'll go with the dig (more affordable as well!).

Just make sure if you get the dig, that you have a good servo to control it. I've heard that what comes in their rtr's have had lots of problems.
I think the dig only comes standard on the 10iii (and uses micro servos). The dig unit I am referring to is for the 10ii, but yes, I will get a good servo to control it. I think they use the standard size servo, so a 20kg servo should be more than enough.

I think the dig only comes standard on the 10iii (and uses micro servos). The dig unit I am referring to is for the 10ii, but yes, I will get a good servo to control it. I think they use the standard size servo, so a 20kg servo should be more than enough.
Just remember that a larger servo means a significant weight increase, and also raises the center of gravity.

Oops, I was thinking about the micro servos on the 10III . I'm glad someone here knows what they are doing. 🤣
I believe the issue with the micro servo on these 10iii are due to the endpoints not being set properly. Thus, rapidly stressing out these tiny gadgets.

Assembling the shocks (I've heard stock shocks aren't the best, but they don't seem too bad, so I'll keep them for now):

Transmission and driveshafts (transmission screws are super hard to screw in for some reason, and I may have stripped a screw...):

Assembling the shocks (I've heard stock shocks aren't the best, but they don't seem too bad, so I'll keep them for now):

Transmission and driveshafts (transmission screws are super hard to screw in for some reason, and I may have stripped a screw...):
Nice videos bud. Well done

Back