May I introduce the Official Losi DB/TT Pro Thread!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just sharing my bash today...

I'm also looking for any tips folks can give me on replacing my wheels?

Also, with my current wheels - should I put holes in them. I can tell water is getting inside.

View attachment 125341

View attachment 125340
Cracking view there Graeme, I'm in Scotland too also had to rebuild the diffs as there was a horrible grinding noise coming from the centre one.

I had also seen on another site about fitting a reciever box to keep it dry did that & now got to rebind the transmitter god knows why its disconnected.

Cracking view there Graeme, I'm in Scotland too also had to rebuild the diffs as there was a horrible grinding noise coming from the centre one.

I had also seen on another site about fitting a reciever box to keep it dry did that & now got to rebind the transmitter god knows why its disconnected.
I put my Spectrum stock receiver in the Losi box but left it mounted in the original orientation standing up beside the servo. I read somewhere or saw a video that claimed these receivers have a built in gyroscope to help control the car during a jump. If the mounting position is changed vertically or horizontally then the rebinding process is necessary to allow the gyroscope to "relearn" it's orientation. Made sense to me so I left it as is even though laying it down would have been better. I had no problems even after hooking up two extra items, a motor fan and voltage regulator. I've got one slot left so maybe some more lights in the future.

I put my Spectrum stock receiver in the Losi box but left it mounted in the original orientation standing up beside the servo. I read somewhere or saw a video that claimed these receivers have a built in gyroscope to help control the car during a jump. If the mounting position is changed vertically or horizontally then the rebinding process is necessary to allow the gyroscope to "relearn" it's orientation. Made sense to me so I left it as is even though laying it down would have been better. I had no problems even after hooking up two extra items, a motor fan and voltage regulator. I've got one slot left so maybe some more lights in the future.
yeah I did see that but the issue I've had is it just does not want to rebind so tried a Dumborc transmitter/receiver I had lying around & it works no bother so not sure if its transmitter or receiver issue but got a DX5 & new receiver coming to test it out.

The bigger issue I've got is took the car out on Sunday runs perfect EXCEPT that when you brake there is a horrific grinding noise had all 3 diffs in bits to check oil levels before use no damage to any gears, running forward & reverse no problem but you brake & OMG its horrendous any ideas anyone ???
Its a bloody shame as apart from this I love the car its great fun.

Hey guys - newbie here. I decided that this truck is the one for me to get started into rc trucks. I have some experience driving rc cars on pavement, but this will be my first off-road truck.
I've been watching a lot of videos on this truck and I see where some guys have bought aluminum Losi upgrades. Where would I go online to lookup upgraded parts for my truck? I see the owners manual has the replacement parts offered, but what about the upgraded parts?

Also - I have been flying rc airplanes for a long time and I am familiar with the really good websites available that cater to rc planes.
Can you suggest good websites that are aimed at the rc truck world?

Hey guys - newbie here. I decided that this truck is the one for me to get started into rc trucks. I have some experience driving rc cars on pavement, but this will be my first off-road truck.
I've been watching a lot of videos on this truck and I see where some guys have bought aluminum Losi upgrades. Where would I go online to lookup upgraded parts for my truck? I see the owners manual has the replacement parts offered, but what about the upgraded parts?

Also - I have been flying rc airplanes for a long time and I am familiar with the really good websites available that cater to rc planes.
Well, the good news is you chose the LOSI Tenacity DB PRO. If you had chose the LOSI LaserNut, you would be in a world of hurt. LaserNuts break ALL the time. I’ve had my DB Pro for over a year easily. It does not break. An extra set of tires is prudent. A good set of MIP drivers will make maintenance easy. A soft light blowtorch will help with locktite screws. Driving the car will loosen things up a bit naturally. You really don’t need to make major upgrades on this truck. It’s solid straight out of the box. Start with 2S. If you need some more power, go to 3S. It’s a beast on 3S which is pretty much the industry standard nowadays.

Understand the car. DB stands for Desert Buggy. That means dirt, low grass, rolling hills and dirt tracks. It’s very athletic and will perform in corners. You will rip!

NOW what this car is NOT! It’s not a SEND IT basher. It’s not an Arrma! You said you like planes. This is NOT a plane. If you send it, you will break something. It’s not bulletproof. On dirt tracks, you will rip through corners. Nothing will imbalance this car. DON’T go over rocks though. This is not a ROCK racer! Don’t do that to the car. If you live by these conditions, you’ll have a solid DB Pro that is relatively low maintenance for the money you spent. You can do upgrades when your out drives start to turn into the letter C.

I have some fan upgrades and heatsink that I installed. The pictures may be in this thread somewhere.

Just add a fan. Upgrade to SAVOX servos when you are ready.

Attachments

• 08A504A9-2305-4E02-AD02-19EFE68BA36A.png
    08A504A9-2305-4E02-AD02-19EFE68BA36A.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 102
Where would I go online to lookup upgraded parts for my truck? I see the owners manual has the replacement parts offered, but what about the upgraded parts?

Can you suggest good websites that are aimed at the rc truck world? I meant as far as best Losi parts suppliers
Any suggestions?

Anyone have suggestions oh how to improve the control arms and pins? It seems mine break easily when ever I get off pavement or concrete

Hey everyone, this is the official losi tenacity DB/TT pro thread. Here you can post your opinion, pics, videos, upgrades and and info about the Losi DB pro. Here, it will make it easier for soon to be buyers to find info and facts and for current DB pro owners to post there tips and tricks!? (BTW The following few posts have been copy+pasted from another Forum)

I’ll start off with what arrived today!? These pics are taken after the maiden run. I was too excited to drive it and forgot to take pics?‍♂️?
What showed up: 1.5 to 3mm mip hex drivers, TLR nut drivers, a smaller back up charger, proline the glue and last but not least my DB pro!
View attachment 121281
The Db pro is easily the best handling rig I’ve ever owned, the build quality is 10 out of 10 and I’m really happy with my purchase.
The TLR nut drivers and mip wrenches feel amazing in the hand! The charger seems nice as well. The servo sucks so I have replaced it with an eco boost I had laying around. 25kg 0.11 speed is way overkill for this truck but it feels amazing. The DB pros servo horn is a 23 tooth splined insert but luckily I had a 25 tooth insert lying around. Even though I’ve just been running 2s the motor was hot but thats probably becuase it’s crazy hot right now?. I just removed the the interior panel to let more air flow through to the motor.

View attachment 121282
View attachment 121283

On my second run at the BMX track both rear tires came partially unglued. My glue job isn’t the prettiest but does the trick.?In the next few days. I plan on making front and rear skid plates out of some 3mm steel plate I’ve got laying around. The bearings that replace the steering bushings are 5x8x2.5mm they fit perfect but I’ve only got 2.?Lol. This sums up my first day with a losi Db pro. I will keep this thread updated with my experience with the DB and hopefully some other people can post there pics, tips and tricks here too!???
Sorry I’m pretty new to this and was hoping for some help. I have a tenacity tt pro. I’m having troubles with it staying on. It powers up does its beeps then shuts off. Any ideas or suggestions?

I would suggest you make a short video of what its doing and post it up in a new thread. Youll get more replies

Hey guys!
I’m new to the forum and have a TT Pro and was wondering what front bumpers would work. I’m looking at upgrading because the stock bumper transfers all the impact into the diff case and shock tower. I know because I crashed into a cattle gate and had to replace the diff case, shock tower and the little plastic piece that connects them.
I know the RPM bumper will fit but I still want to be able to have the light bar fit. If it does, please show me a pic.
I was also interested in part #LOSB2421. It’s a TEN-SCTE 3.0 part I think.
And then the little plastic piece that sits in front of the diff case keeps breaking so the bumper brace is currently not really secured. GPM makes a metal version but I’ve never heard of them and on ebay, it comes straight from China.
Any recommendations would be great. I’ll post so pics too. Also, is there a Losi forum anywhere? Forum.Losi.com always has a 404 error page. Or is RCTalk the way to go?

Hey guys!
I’m new to the forum and have a TT Pro and was wondering what front bumpers would work. I’m looking at upgrading because the stock bumper transfers all the impact into the diff case and shock tower. I know because I crashed into a cattle gate and had to replace the diff case, shock tower and the little plastic piece that connects them.
I know the RPM bumper will fit but I still want to be able to have the light bar fit. If it does, please show me a pic.
I was also interested in part #LOSB2421. It’s a TEN-SCTE 3.0 part I think.
And then the little plastic piece that sits in front of the diff case keeps breaking so the bumper brace is currently not really secured. GPM makes a metal version but I’ve never heard of them and on ebay, it comes straight from China.
Any recommendations would be great. I’ll post so pics too. Also, is there a Losi forum anywhere? Forum.Losi.com always has a 404 error page. Or is RCTalk the way to go?
As for the GPM Front Lower Suspension Bracket, you can buy it on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B098WHGWXC/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A1GQDAFE4QGJK8&psc=1

I'm right behind you, Alex, if you don't mind, I want to mirror some of the moves you are making. I hate heat. Heat is the enemy of all things mechanical. I'd like to know what heatsink you've decided to purchase. I mean the one you are going to seat over the engine to keep it cool. Also, the fan.

The tires coming unglued seems to be a common issue straight out of the box. How can I avoid this?

I have only 3S batteries for this car. I know I need to change the ( gear pin? ) before I even run the car. A bit worried about that. If you are running hot on 2S, I'm pretty sure I will burn up on 3S. Aussie RC made a vid on this car and he said 3C is where it's at.
Get ready to us a lot of tools, take a good look on YouTube 'RC GUY GARAGE' he's good trying to change the 17 pin for 15 pin very frustrating
'Not Easy' good luck ..Take your time ..

Back