May I introduce the Official Losi DB/TT Pro Thread!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New to the RC world and recently picked up a TT Pro. Any suggestions on basic tuning or initial upgrades to get it running a little smoother? Seems pretty rough at low speeds/idle. Also looking for info on how to set up the transmitter for optimal performance. Any info or help is appreciated.

Not too sure on tweaking the transmitter, but you should pull all diffs and check the fluid levels, same with the shocks.

it will run rough at very low speeds, because it is a non sensored motor. You can put the smaller 15t pinion in, and this will be reduced.

I have been racing my TT pro, and it does very well, the stock tires are the main thing letting it down. it is very tough, just a few bolts have come loose really. and I've upgraded only the servo so far. I've noticed it definitely needs a decent 50c+ battery to get the most out of the motor.

I am thinking about getting the tenacity receiver box for this truck as I'm not happy with the receiver getting coated grime.

I'm interested to hear if anyone else is racing their truck and any changes you've made to get better handling

The HSP heatsink I got from my LHS here in NZ. The stock motor is a 36mm can so buy a heatsink that will fit the motor then buy a good fan that will fit the heatsink?
Yep, that hotracing one is what I will order soon, do note that if you run 3s in your truck you will probably wanna buy the TLR hardened outdrives. I’m only running 2s and the stock diff outdrives are already pretty worn out. That’s why I am making an order with amain hobbies?. On a side note how are you liking the little Reflex B, I’ve been looking at them recently and seem like fun little cars?
Get the MIP ones.

Hey everyone, this is the official losi tenacity DB/TT pro thread. Here you can post your opinion, pics, videos, upgrades and and info about the Losi DB pro. Here, it will make it easier for soon to be buyers to find info and facts and for current DB pro owners to post there tips and tricks!? (BTW The following few posts have been copy+pasted from another Forum)

I’ll start off with what arrived today!? These pics are taken after the maiden run. I was too excited to drive it and forgot to take pics?‍♂️?
What showed up: 1.5 to 3mm mip hex drivers, TLR nut drivers, a smaller back up charger, proline the glue and last but not least my DB pro!
View attachment 121281
The Db pro is easily the best handling rig I’ve ever owned, the build quality is 10 out of 10 and I’m really happy with my purchase.
The TLR nut drivers and mip wrenches feel amazing in the hand! The charger seems nice as well. The servo sucks so I have replaced it with an eco boost I had laying around. 25kg 0.11 speed is way overkill for this truck but it feels amazing. The DB pros servo horn is a 23 tooth splined insert but luckily I had a 25 tooth insert lying around. Even though I’ve just been running 2s the motor was hot but thats probably becuase it’s crazy hot right now?. I just removed the the interior panel to let more air flow through to the motor.

View attachment 121282
View attachment 121283

On my second run at the BMX track both rear tires came partially unglued. My glue job isn’t the prettiest but does the trick.?In the next few days. I plan on making front and rear skid plates out of some 3mm steel plate I’ve got laying around. The bearings that replace the steering bushings are 5x8x2.5mm they fit perfect but I’ve only got 2.?Lol. This sums up my first day with a losi Db pro. I will keep this thread updated with my experience with the DB and hopefully some other people can post there pics, tips and tricks here too!???
The first thing I changed was the steering servo. Savox1258TG. And changed the reciever and radio. I hate AVC.

20201125_030544.jpg

I run it on 3s. I changed the pinion with the one that came in the bag.
20190831_050631.jpg

Is there a class u could race the DB Pro in? It just drives so well.

it will run rough at very low speeds, because it is a non sensored motor. You can put the smaller 15t pinion in, and this will be reduced.

I have been racing my TT pro, and it does very well, the stock tires are the main thing letting it down. it is very tough, just a few bolts have come loose really. and I've upgraded only the servo so far. I've noticed it definitely needs a decent 50c+ battery to get the most out of the motor.

I am thinking about getting the tenacity receiver box for this truck as I'm not happy with the receiver getting coated grime.

I'm interested to hear if anyone else is racing their truck and any changes you've made to get better handling
I plan on racing mine but I’m just getting to know it I’ve had it for 3 weeks now and already upgrading it!

Last edited:
Just sharing my bash today...

I'm also looking for any tips folks can give me on replacing my wheels?

Also, with my current wheels - should I put holes in them. I can tell water is getting inside.

IMG_6578.jpeg

IMG_6562.jpeg

Just sharing my bash today...

I'm also looking for any tips folks can give me on replacing my wheels?

Also, with my current wheels - should I put holes in them. I can tell water is getting inside.

View attachment 125341

View attachment 125340
Yes, many tape over the holes inside the rims and put holes through the rubber tire, that way water does not get sucked in but instead gets thrown out due the the centrifugal force of the tire spin. Great photos ??

Yes, many tape over the holes inside the rims and put holes through the rubber tire, that way water does not get sucked in but instead gets thrown out due the the centrifugal force of the tire spin. Great photos ??

Thanks. I'll probably opt for holes in the tyres, as I plan on replacing the wheels in the not too distant future. Do i also need to tape over the holes in the rims, or just ignore that if i am putting holes in the tyres?

anyone know what is the losi part number to get the HD center driff outdrives that actually fit?

ah, nice, good to have that sorted.

so mine arrived today and i decided to take another look at things.

So it turns out that the SCTE 3.0 is still using SAE/Imperial screws for all of its parts.

The TT pro? Well, thats metric of course. So any part you upgrade to, that has a thread, and is intended for the SCTE, could be problematic in this way.

My solution was more rough, i slowly drove the metric screw into the imperial hole in and out about 10x. Eventually, the softer alloy reformed to now be a metric thread. Managed to get it all going.

Anyway, I registered to post this and got a lot of value out of the thread so, hi!

Really enjoying the TT pro. Only mod so far is the relocation of the receiver further back, so it doesn't get covered in dirt from the front wheels so much, and now the addition of a really nice servo and horn, which are much faster than the original. Very pleased :)

Do you know what tool I could use to make this happen without just ramming the screw in? I have everything on order at the moment.... Including the car! I also have the 1258 servo on the way so I might as well get a tool to make this correction.... Or I guess I can grab that Tamiya servo arm?

Do you know what tool I could use to make this happen without just ramming the screw in? I have everything on order at the moment.... Including the car! I also have the 1258 servo on the way so I might as well get a tool to make this correction.... Or I guess I can grab that Tamiya servo arm?
the proper tool to use is a tap. or a metric servo horn.

Hey guys just picked up a DB pro to the collection bought it second hand but has only done 2 batteries through it, the issue i have is the guy I bought it from has moved house & is working away so wont get the rest of the parts till hes home.

I'm looking for the battery spacers for running 3s as its the spectrum batteries I have but everywhere in the UK is sold out & restock date is 25th of May does any one know where I can order some ?

Thanks

Bad news! The DB Pro is in pieces...unfortunately, and like the Lasernut, the DB Pro also seems to suffer Diff issues. I've only had the car a month and used it 5 times; and the Diff has failed. Oh, and I also lost a screw from the drive coupler, which was just gone - clearly was not secured very tight.

I'm going to need to shim my Diff. Can anyone give me any tips on how exactly to do that? About to watch some videos on the subject.

Thanks, Graeme

Attachments

• 63752136468__102520F2-0AFD-486D-9230-E6AF0ADAD75E.jpeg
    63752136468__102520F2-0AFD-486D-9230-E6AF0ADAD75E.jpeg
    596.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 63752138966__9749FC95-13E8-4170-A745-0DEC4DD4B8E4.jpeg
    63752138966__9749FC95-13E8-4170-A745-0DEC4DD4B8E4.jpeg
    422.3 KB · Views: 107
Back