Just Couldn't Resists!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it will look more scale on the back, (i would hate to have to haul my spare off the roof in real life) but I don't know which balance point is better. On the back she's going to want to wheelie over obstacles and flip back. On the top she might rock over sideways.

I just got a spare tire mount and tire for my Sendero HD. I haven't mounted it yet, I was wondering if I will need to add any weight up front to counterbalance it. It just looks to cool not to use. :)
I've seen lots of pictures of off-road rigs with the spare tire on the roof. They even sell roof rack metal brackets just for this purpose. You're right though, it would absolutely be no fun getting it up or down from the roof, but I just like the look.
In regards to trail worthiness, I think my rig would do better with the spare on the back. I may just buy a bumper with a built on spare tire holder, just to see how I like it.

Your Sendero absolutely needs a spare on the back!
171428d1359619744t-roof-rack-tire-carrier-image-1849367869.jpg

That's what makes it fun, making it your own! If I'm not totally crapped out from work tonight, I might try to get my tire mounted to the flatbed.

That's what makes it fun, making it your own! If I'm not totally crapped out from work tonight, I might try to get my tire mounted to the flatbed.
I tried to see the performance difference with the spare in the back, and it was definitely a big difference! I was able to once again conquer the more difficult structures/sections. And, as I suspected, there were no wheelie effects on very steep climbs.
So, I think I am going to mount the spare on the back. It still looks cool, but I won't have to sacrifice as much performance value.
So, if I go cheap, and just keep the electrical tape mounting method, would that be too ghetto? 🤣

0524211904_Burst01.jpg

0524211907.jpg

I know it's been driving @Doom! crazy that Jalapeno has been driving with a ghost driver, so I finally found a driver last night. This is a Halloween novelty I had bought from a dollar store a few years ago. I think it scales very well with the Scout body.
A quick surgical procedure with the Dremel and some hot glue, and voila!

No, @Doom! , I will not be making any specs for Ratt! 🙄

0605212326a.jpg

0605212326_Burst01.jpg

Last edited:
.....then I thought, Ratt looked lonely. For years he's been hanging with Birdd, whom I had also bought, at the same time, at that dollar store. It was deemed that they will stay together.
0605212335.jpg

0605212336c.jpg

0605212336e.jpg

Last edited:
Ratt and Birdd really likes their new ride!

Unfortunately, they were not able to go on their maiden trail ride today.
0606211452_Burst01.jpg

0606211454b.jpg

Thats a nice crawler bud.i might be getting one of those little guys they are cool

Thats a nice crawler bud.i might be getting one of those little guys they are cool
While the platform is 1/10, that Scout body is actually closer to 1/8. Was the actual 1:1 Scout that big?

Finally got Jalapeno registered 😉

Got some super cool tags from an amigo.
0609211640a.jpg

0609211641c.jpg