Just Couldn't Resists!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received a few bling this past weekend for the G8V2. First were these metal windshield wipers. The details are awesome, but, Man, these parts were tiny! I'd you have fat sausage fingers...... beware!
0520211759a.jpg

0514211601b_Burst01.jpg

With the roof rack now making the vehicle a bit more top heavy, I wanted more weight down below. So, got a set of 4 brass outer porter axle covers. Perfect fit!
0514212335c.jpg

I replaced the clunky, plastic shackles with these sharp red metal ones, and added a cool looking servo protector aka skid plate.
0520211800.jpg

At first, I didn't care for the cb antenna, but then it grew on me, and now I really dig it!
0520211802_Burst01.jpg

And so it begins! 🤣
Those wiper blades do look like little fiddley bits, but they look great assembled. :thumbs-up: I like watching the progression as little bits here and there start to give it character. :)

And so it begins! 🤣
Those wiper blades do look like little fiddley bits, but they look great assembled. :thumbs-up: I like watching the progression as little bits here and there start to give it character. :)
I'm really hooked right now on this scaling thing. I finally get it! Before, I was only into comp rigs, and their ability to nearly defy physics. I still have an Axial XR10 that needs to have it's gearing looked into......but, that's a project for another day.
So many toys, so little time! 🙄

IDK how you guys have the patience for all that fine detail work but I sure do like lookin at it :)
I'm actually kinda poor in the patience department. It really takes every fiber of my being to do fine detail work. I always start off strong and motivated, then typically fizzle out 🙄

...........oh, well 😁

Glad Mean Green is living up to your expectations, looks like a fun rig. :)
Update: "Mean Green" has been changed to "The Jalapeno"
There's a very popular YT channel that already dubbed this rig as Mean Green

I now got the all the decals applied onto the interior and have it secured, yet easily removable, to the body. The roof lights and head/tail lights are now integrated, and now includes an on/off switch, which I can access without removing the body. The wirings are well secured and hidden. I'm happy with how it all turned out!

0522212317.jpg

0522212320_Burst01.jpg

Lookin' good! Amazing how a few little things can make such a big difference.

That's quite a few darts you've got in your collection there.
That was during my dart phase last year. I still throw for about 10min nearly every day.
FYI on the other side of the dart shelf is my once hardcore hobby: 1/32 slot cars. Used to have a blast racing with a bunch of guys, who all have their own tracks. Mine is very simple compared to some of the other members' elaborate scale layouts
slot track.jpg

When I was single, the extra bedroom in my apartment, was wall to wall Ho scale slot car track. :) I miss those days sometimes, but I have more hobbies, than I do time to enjoy them, so I have to be selective.

I am jealous none the less! :thumbs-up:

When I was single, the extra bedroom in my apartment, was wall to wall Ho scale slot car track. :) I miss those days sometimes, but I have more hobbies, than I do time to enjoy them, so I have to be selective.

I am jealous none the less! :thumbs-up:
Same here.

I grew up with little money, so I'm fortunate enough now to be able to get all the toys I missed out on as a kid. So, boy, do I appreciate it! 😀

Tested out the crawlability of Jalapeno with roof gear, in the back lot. It did pretty well, but definitely a difference. There are some technical spots where it succeeded before, but can't now.
I'm kinda ok with this, because this is a scale rig and not a comp rig. I want it to look scale, so some crawlability will have to be sacrificed.
I'm still decided whether I want the spare tire on the roof or hanging on the back. FYI, I don't have the spare tire yet, and the huge one in the pic is a spare from my Axial Wraith.
0523211845a.jpg

0523211824.jpg

0523211823a.jpg

0523211844_Burst01.jpg

I think it will look more scale on the back, (i would hate to have to haul my spare off the roof in real life) but I don't know which balance point is better. On the back she's going to want to wheelie over obstacles and flip back. On the top she might rock over sideways.

I just got a spare tire mount and tire for my Sendero HD. I haven't mounted it yet, I was wondering if I will need to add any weight up front to counterbalance it. It just looks to cool not to use. :)