Just Couldn't Resists!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got more brass bling to help with Jalapeno's top heaviness. An additional 160grams. The front gets a heavy 70g Treal diff cover, and the back gets a combined 90g inner portal covers.
InShot_20210711_130918905.jpg
0709212209_HDR.jpg
0709212238a.jpg

Post automatically merged:

The Gen8V2 has a jerky throttle control, so I tried to change the radio to my Flysky GT3 system. However, for whatever reason the throttle control is in reverse. It actually was functioning normally at first, but as I was adjusting the steering servo endpoints, it all of a sudden decides to reverse the throttle controls. I even tried another receiver, and it was still in reverse. I go back to the stock radio system, and it works fine. 🤔
I believe the +10 year old Flysky transmitter is on its way out.

Anyone have any thoughts/opinions on this issue?

Last edited:
The Gen8V2 has a jerky throttle control, so I tried to change the radio to my Flysky GT3 system. However, for whatever reason the throttle control is in reverse. It actually was functioning normally at first, but as I was adjusting the steering servo endpoints, it all of a sudden decides to reverse the throttle controls. I even tried another receiver, and it was still in reverse. I go back to the stock radio system, and it works fine. 🤔

I'm pretty sure the jumpy throttle startups are from the stock Hexfly ESC. If you have a different ESC from another vehicle, you can test and see if it is. If it is caused by the ESC, then the Hobbywing 1080 is a good option.

I'm pretty sure the jumpy throttle startups are from the stock Hexfly ESC. If you have a different ESC from another vehicle, you can test and see if it is. If it is caused by the ESC, then the Hobbywing 1080 is a good option.
No, while it was working, like it's supposed to, with the Flysky transmitter, the jerkiness was eliminated using the exponential adjustments. The throttle control was very smooth!
Then it just decided to run in reverse.

Cool! I have brass portal covers and steering knuckles on my Gen8 also and it definitely helps!
The wheel weights I have also help. Not sure if you already have those.

Cool! I have brass portal covers and steering knuckles on my Gen8 also and it definitely helps!
The wheel weights I have also help. Not sure if you already have those.
No brass steering knuckles nor wheel weights. It's pretty good right now, but if I add any additional body bling, I'll try adding some lead strips to the inside of the wheels.

Nice job look awesome. Man I really liking the little guys.🤔🤔

Thank you!

While the platform is 1/10, the body is more like 1/8. I've never seen an actual Scout, so I don't know how big the 1:1 vehicles actually are.
Nice job look awesome. Man I really liking the little guys.🤔🤔

Couple green ones like you RC They tried to contest with jeep didn't work out for them lol
Screenshot_20210712-100018_Google.jpg

My dads buddy has a Scout and loved it. He had it for a looong time. It was a great 4 wheeler (they went every weekend) and my dad was jealous. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you!

While the platform is 1/10, the body is more like 1/8. I've never seen an actual Scout, so I don't know how big the 1:1 vehicles actually are.
The scout was almost the same size as the Bronco from that era. My friend's dad had two of them. After the river flooded, they would take them to the river bottoms and bury them in mud up to the doors, and they just kept on going. Awesome vehicles. Love the Jalapeno!

The scout was almost the same size as the Bronco from that era. My friend's dad had two of them. After the river flooded, they would take them to the river bottoms and bury them in mud up to the doors, and they just kept on going. Awesome vehicles. Love the Jalapeno!
Thank you, Sir! Of my 3 crawlers, the Scout is absolutely my favorite body. I feel that Redcat really nailed it, with the vehicle choice!
Got more brass bling to help with Jalapeno's top heaviness. An additional 160grams. The front gets a heavy 70g Treal diff cover, and the back gets a combined 90g inner portal covers.
View attachment 129395View attachment 129396View attachment 129397
Post automatically merged:

Turns out it isn't the old GTB. I just bought a brand new GTC, and the motors still went in reverse. It must be the stock esc. Simple fix; switched the motor wires. So, Jalapeno is now on the new transmitter, and running great with the available electronic fine tuning via the Flysky radio.

Last edited:
I finally got a winch! Got this off Amazon for about $20, and it came with everything! The only thing it didn't come with is a hook. I bought this cool looking hook separately, but it's huge, and it actually doesn't hook on things too well. I'm going to find a fishing treble hook that's more size appropriate, cut off the points and paint it red. I intend to use this winch on the trail!
The mounting via screws, is a real PITA, so I'm going to see how gluing it down with E6000 will work. I just did a quick test, and so far, the adhesive is holding! The motor seems to have more than adequate power to drag this heavy rig. So far, I'm quite impressed with this winch! Time will tell the durability.
0813211649e.jpg
0813211650g.jpg
0813211650c.jpg