If You Didn't Do Anything RC Related, What Did You Do, Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I got off work early YAY!

But it was for a doctors appointment Boo!

But considering I'm morbidly obese, I'm in good health. YAY!
You pulled the senior bennies card to get out of work. See how it benefitting you already? 🤣🤣 I gotta break something or squirt blood.

Spent the last two days putting new brakes on my 1998 Audi A4. New rotors, pads, and calipers. Got to the rear left and couldn’t get the hose out of the old caliper. Got one on order. Also found the brake fluid reservoir is cracked. Got one on order too. Was cleaning some rust off the rear subframe so I can coat it with fluid film. Found a rotted tube for evap or something. That’s going to be fun to fix. Not much room going up to gas tank. Fun fun.

I finally got moved in to our new house. Got all the rooms inside mostly in order and today I finally get to start setting up my garage. Lots more room than I had before so my RC work area is getting a real upgrade. I haven't driven an RC in weeks. Can't wait to get this done and back to bashing.

Beautiful day today! Got to 50°, with clear, sunny sky. Started off the day, going to the transfer station, to get rid of 2 weeks worth of garbage and recyclables. Did a little shopping.
After shopping, I installed the new security cam and flood light system. It went up and got it working fairly easily. Once the lighting system was done, I attacked the fallen leafs in the backyard. Also, took the patio furniture off the deck, to be put away for the winter.
After it got dark, I tested out the new flood light and night vision. It's bright enough and while the motion detection is kinda short range, but not a deal breaker. Happy with it!
Now, I'm hungry, feeling like pizza tonight. We'll see what Mrs. X wants to do.
c3ac8fd1634e47238fab82efaa60f0f9_20231216173147.jpg

Why on earth would you put your garden gnome in the middle of the driveway? 🤔
Beautiful day today! Got to 50°, with clear, sunny sky. Started off the day, going to the transfer station, to get rid of 2 weeks worth of garbage and recyclables. Did a little shopping.
After shopping, I installed the new security cam and flood light system. It went up and got it working fairly easily. Once the lighting system was done, I attacked the fallen leafs in the backyard. Also, took the patio furniture off the deck, to be put away for the winter.
After it got dark, I tested out the new flood light and night vision. It's bright enough and while the motion detection is kinda short range, but not a deal breaker. Happy with it!
Now, I'm hungry, feeling like pizza tonight. We'll see what Mrs. X wants to do.
View attachment 177221

Last month, I spent a few hours replacing the garage door opener on Mrs. X's side of the garage. Turns out, it wasn't the issue that was causing issue with the door closing.
So, today, I gave it another attempt to resolve the issue. This involved swapping the top 2 panels, of the 4 panel door. So far, so good!
Even got the boy, to give me a hand on the task!
I was also going to clean out the driveway grated drain, but it started raining, so I'll do it another time.

Last month, I spent a few hours replacing the garage door opener on Mrs. X's side of the garage. Turns out, it wasn't the issue that was causing issue with the door closing.
So, today, I gave it another attempt to resolve the issue. This involved swapping the top 2 panels, of the 4 panel door. So far, so good!
Even got the boy, to give me a hand on the task!
I was also going to clean out the driveway grated drain, but it started raining, so I'll do it another time.
I feel for your back. Those things are heavy. As for the drain....... a backpack commercial blower. 😁

I feel for your back. Those things are heavy. As for the drain....... a backpack commercial blower. 😁
The panels were actually very light. These are constructed of thin sheet metal and foam filled. Areas that take screws have thick gauge pieces of steel tacked on the inside for reinforcement.
I think these panels are made by IKEA 🤣

I wished cleaning the driveway drain was as simple as just using a blower. What it takes is a bit of time and a good amount of elbow grease.

Back