If You Didn't Do Anything RC Related, What Did You Do, Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Xraycer wanted non rc..... 🙄🙄

As long as the paper work is done. Growing up I was told ain't no job done until the paper work is done......... that same person also told me man goes to bed with itchy bum and wakes up with smelly fingers. 🤪😶🤣
Naw I go raw I like it itchy plus gives me something to pick at.

I picked up a double shift this Saturday, so I got a few to-do things done this afternoon after work.
With winter quickly approaching, I needed to get the driveway stick markers into the ground before the ground freezes. Overnight temps have been around freezing for the past couple of weeks, so the lawn should be dormant. With mowing season done, I removed the grass catcher from the riding mower to make more space in the shed.
My home is on well water, and we have a large whole house sediment filter that I change a few times a year. This is a bit of a pain in the butt to do because it's heavy and messy. Ok, I'm good until spring now!
Last to-do before a shower and dinner, was to give myself a haircut.
Now that I've clean and full, I'm just gonna chill out to Bob's Burgers.

Haven't done it yet (because I'm eating lunch), but I'll be working on my motorcycle as soon as I finish eating. I'll be removing the Rowe Electronics AmpLink Power Distribution Module (essentially, a "circuit breaker" for motorcycles, replacing the need to use fuses for installed accessories), replacing it with a standard 7-terminal power distribution block, and rewiring the installed accessories to the distribution block. Next, I'll be pulling out my Smart-Workshop Smart Tire Truer, and updating its firmware. After that, I'll be heading back to work, driving one of the team busses for today's PAC-12 Championship game at Allegiant Stadium. And, finally, after dropping them off at their chartered plane, and dropping the bus off at the yard, I'll be heading home, and going to sleep after a (very) long 14+ hour workday (though, thankfully, not as long as our workdays (or, should I say afternoons/evenings) were during Formula 1 Las Vegas week.

Haven't done it yet (because I'm eating lunch), but I'll be working on my motorcycle as soon as I finish eating. I'll be removing the Rowe Electronics AmpLink Power Distribution Module (essentially, a "circuit breaker" for motorcycles, replacing the need to use fuses for installed accessories), replacing it with a standard 7-terminal power distribution block, and rewiring the installed accessories to the distribution block. Next, I'll be pulling out my Smart-Workshop Smart Tire Truer, and updating its firmware. After that, I'll be heading back to work, driving one of the team busses for today's PAC-12 Championship game at Allegiant Stadium. And, finally, after dropping them off at their chartered plane, and dropping the bus off at the yard, I'll be heading home, and going to sleep after a (very) long 14+ hour workday (though, thankfully, not as long as our workdays (or, should I say afternoons/evenings) were during Formula 1 Las Vegas week.
That is a plateful!

Will you have opportunities to watch any F1 action?

what happened?
He's got the Cat equivelent of kidney stones. Crystals form in their urine, and can block the bladder. Kind of like peeing razor blades. He had to stay tonight and maybe tomorrow. He's lucky we love him, because he just cost me a year or two of RC's. :eek:
But look at that face. 🤣
64af8da7ffa4619cf5a8749d73c978c9.jpg

He's got the Cat equivelent of kidney stones. Crystals form in their urine, and can block the bladder. Kind of like peeing razor blades. He had to stay tonight and maybe tomorrow. He's lucky we love him, because he just cost me a year or two of RC's. :eek:
But look at that face. 🤣
View attachment 176175
I worked in the OR today, and 2 of my cases were kidney stone removal via laser.

But look at that face. 🤣
View attachment 176175
Ummmm yikes…..

anyway I removed an in-line duct heater yesterday at work and since it was very operational I decided to bring it home to install in the garage. Today I started figuring out where I want it, drew up some duct fittings to fabricate, and created a material list for the install. It’s just a 240v 2kw heat element that I will connect to an in-line 8” duct fan but it should heat that portion of the garage just fine. It draws just over 8 amps so, easy peasey for me-sey

Last edited:
I'd like to pass on the whole kidny stone experience, doesn't look pleasant. :eek:
I had a kidney infection before. The pain was ridiculously unbearable. The doc said kidney stones are even worse. I definitely would not want to experience that. Hope your little buddy gets to feeling better soon.

First, cleaned house this morning, then had to take Kabuki (my cat) back to the vet for some follow up lab work.
After that, trimmed all the rose bushes in the front yard so I could get the ladder close enough to the house to hang up the Christmas lights.

That ginormous Noctua CPU cooler will not allow use of the 3rd or 4th RAM slots so I had to order a single 32 GB stick of RAM in order to be able to mount that second fan on the cooler.
Hmm 🤔
I think you should try the gerbil idea
😆

Back