I’m looking for basher lipos

• Thread starter remote uncontrol
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remote uncontrol

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Boating
I’ve been using Traxxas but one is already giving out. I’ve had it less than a year. I drive pretty stupid and I’m wondering if there are any that can take more of a beating

I've been pretty happy with my 2 gensacearespammers Basher batteries. They only have about 20 cycles through them so far, but have held up to some.pretty good abuse along the way. Including being ejected twice on the road.

CHNL
Liperior
Zee
Maclan
SMC
gensacearespammers

@Greywolf74 is our battery guy
Heh.. I was like gensacearespammers are spammers? Then looked at my post and it says the same. Strange as I'm pretty sure I didn't type that.

Now I know I didn’t type that. ^^ Guessing something is wrong with those batteries and there must be a strong opinion here of them.

Admins put that so if you say gens ... it will pop up as that. Don't know why. I'm pretty sure its something between that brand and here maybe ads or something I'm not pretty sure. It was long before I joined. yes gens were spammers, at one point.

It’s because there was a whole thing of them just PUMPING out ads and overrunning everything so they changed it to that because they where spamming

@WoodiE could probably tell us
Well, I mean I'm not sure how it could be any more obvious really. 🤷‍♂️

The company has a history of spamming this and other RC forums I run. Has been asked to stop. Has been given opportunities to become a vendor. Was then told to stop. But they continued. They even tried to come back a year or so later and do the same thing.

I don't care how good or bad their batteries are, their company actions speak volumes and have earned them the title they now have.

Admins put that so if you say gens ... it will pop up as that. Don't know why. I'm pretty sure its something between that brand and here maybe ads or something I'm not pretty sure. It was long before I joined. yes gens were spammers, at one point.
*checks history to see if bigbristvisaspammer pops up 😶

I've had bad luck with the spammer brand and they also seem to be the most expensive. I skatepark bash and have had great luck with the liperiors Greywolf recommended. Price friendly too. I've heard mixed opinions on Zee lipos and personally, I've found that they don't perform very well.

I have an entire thread of battery testing data. The higher the Voltage Under Load rating, the better the LiPo is. I wish this was stickied so I didnt have to keep linking it to everyone. LINK

TL;DR
For budget batteries you'll want to look at the following. These are listed in no particular order. Consult the spreadsheet for exact rankings.

1) CNHL (Parallel or G+ series only)
2) Liperior or Pilerior Pro (Not Liperior Endurance)
3) Turnigy or Turnigy Nano-tech. (The more expensive Turnigy batteries are just more money and not really much better.)
4) Zippy Compact
5) SMC

CHNL
Liperior
Zee
Maclan
SMC
gensacearespammers
Ovonic
Youme Power

Amazon brands like hoovo and zee, are technically the same thing but rebranded.

@Greywolf74 is our battery guy
They are, pretty much, all rebranded. You too could have your own brand of LiPo batteries if you buy enough to resell. :woot: :)

Amazon Basics 2S.jpg
Amazon Basics.jpg

I can totally see how a 2s stick pack with 5mm bullets can transform into a 4s with an xt90
Oh I just now see the amazon basics.
Yea those packs are pretty basic and not worth the money. Get what you pay for. Most expensive batteries I seen were Protek, gensacearespammers, and Maclan. Now I just use CHNL for my racers, and bashers, don't need a high quality / expensive battery for fun club racing.

Back