HPi Savage RTR 25 yes 25

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I picked up my Savage SS today, and wow is the word that comes to mind. Sure it needs a couple of changes, that fuel tank. maybe diff work (I don't know about that one) box says hardend steel diff gears. It's sure gonna be a hoss.:buggy1: :buggy1: :buggy1: :buggy1: :buggy1: :buggy1:

the plastic diff housing wipes out where the single pin is.. the diff mos is where it uses 2 diff pins in a + configuration to load it evenly in the housing to try to eliminate the diff case wear...

Originally posted by CRSMP5
the plastic diff housing wipes out where the single pin is.. the diff mos is where it uses 2 diff pins in a + configuration to load it evenly in the housing to try to eliminate the diff case wear...

Yea, I did a little research, looks like I'll be building diffs first. Thanks:w00t: :w00t:

kinda makes me feel a little less special for having a .25 in my savage now ... :doh: at least my head is cooler though

anyone backordered it from tower?

I thought it was supposed to be close to the cost of the .21 RTR?

tower has it listed for $639.99

seems a little expensive.

s

well guys the Savage 25 is real... i know it is heart breaking but hpi said it....

On-road handling with stiff springs

The Savage SS and Savage 25 will both have stiffer springs than the original Savage 21. The stiff springs make the truck jump better for off-road driving. For on-road driving they make the truck sit a little higher, for the best on-road performance we have found that you should remove the spacer clips on the shocks to lower the truck. That will make the truck corner better and prevent rolling over in the corners. Keep the clips in your toolbox, snap them back on for off-road driving."

if u read the first line it says savage ss and savage 25 will come with stiffer springs.

here is the link to it http://www.hpiracing.com/rcforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67288
I am sort up set cuz of it it seems like thewy would of up-graded the gas tank on the ss.

its posted on HPIs page now.. so me-->
22.gif
<---unbeleivers :loser:

:mex: Now I believe. Still bought the SS. I wanted to build it myself. But I may have to sell my new Tmaxx (still sealed in the box), and think about one of those 25's. nah.

The only thing on the 25 RTR I'd want is the 3-shoe clutch, but I'll wait untill I wear out the one on my SS.

Has HPI mentioned when they are going to release the upgrade parts from the SS for the RTR owners?

I know this thread is probably old.. but I just went on HPI site and this is what i found on the mainpage

25spl.jpg

okay i feel dumb.. forgot to click to the next page of the thread... anyways... anyone know the price of this??? cause I just picked up a used Savage on Ebay with reverse mod and a few hop ups for $200... then I got a WASP 26... just wanted to compare prices if it is worth getting the 25 then building what I have

it looks way sweeter than the original
id get but too long of a wait
when will it be released besides a couple of months from now:constipat

Back