how do u set a spur gear for 4907 tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike tmaxx 33

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well I have to change my slipper pads today and I want to no how do u get the spur gear set right so it don't strip it and set it back to stock or back to factory settings and do any body live in Portland Oregon that wants to stay in my blue smoke lol cuz I don't think url be head of me lol just want some ppl to run with and is there tracks in Portland u can drive at my trucks r gas only thing to run is gas

Put a strip of paper between the two gears and press and hold them in place while securing the engine. When you roll the paper out it will look like an accordion and you will have the perfect mesh.

So put a peace of paper betwin them and I can push it all the way to the spur gear and it doesn't maker how hard I push it to the spur gear as long as I have that paper in there it won't let it be to close to bind up

Ok thanku I was thinking of like marking the screws some how cuz it bran new and the screws should be in the best spot maybe I can drol a circle around them with a pin or something and how do u put pics on the forum or thread?

The paper trick is pretty much foolproof, but the object is to have the gears as as tight as possible while still moving freely.
Snug your engine bolts down just enough so you can still move the engine around, then put a strip of copier/printer paper between the gears.
tighten down the engine mount and remove the paper. The gears should spin freely, but still have a good tight mesh.

Thanku u guys

---------- Post added at 7:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:46 PM ----------

Where did u get ur wheelie bar at ? And what's it called

The wheelie bar is from Integy, and I like it.
Those pics are pretty old now lol.

Hey thanks for everything guys I put my slipper clutch in and that thang does wheelies like there's no tomorrow and it fast and i realy ant even got it tune low speed needle haven't touch it high speed needle is set at 3/5 turns out lil rich should I just run it like that ? If it suits me ? Or is it bad on the engine to run it realy rich like that

Back