My spur gear gets locked up in my Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey that is for a revo and doesn’t really look like it will it maybe still work tho?
Yes I know. I was looking all over but I have a revo and they should use the same transmissions, atleast for reverse. Does that not look like what you have? I searched for a tmax reverse gear and looked through the exploded views but couldnt see anything. They revo still has a 28t reverse gear which is exactly what you're looking for

Hey that is for a revo and doesn’t really look like it will it maybe still work tho?
Thank you I will get it and hope it is it I haven’t had any other luck so it’s fine if it doesn’t work
Yes I know. I was looking all over but I have a revo and they should use the same transmissions, atleast for reverse. Does that not look like what you have? I searched for a tmax reverse gear and looked through the exploded views but couldnt see anything. They revo still has a 28t reverse gear which is exactly what you're looking for
Yes thank you I will get it and it will come in a couple days and I will let you know more it does oook the same just diff color in the middle which would not madder

Here's the exploded view of the Tmaxx 3.3 transmission with reverse: (reverse add-on kit part #4995X.)

4995X-T-Maxx-FwdRev-veiw-page-002.jpg

In your other thread, Grizz03 posted the correct exploded view I think. If that is correct, it confirms Traxxas part number 5395 is the one you need.
Screenshot_20231114_060847.jpg

When reassembling, pay attention to the notes on this. It appears there are one-way bearings in this transmission. Note the "Text on bearing towards shart" comments.
4995X-T-Maxx-FwdRev-veiw-page-002.jpg

May be a good time to do the forward-only conversion. The reverse setup was always a total PITA and slowed the truck down anyway.

hey the part worked but i found out why it got stripped my peace that holds up a metal gear in place got broken its a plastic peace i super glued it if it doesn't work ima buy a new transmission case for 10 bucks or drill it

Back