Getting ready for coronavirus quarantine. . .

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they figured that they are not going to crap that much more ,I don't know!.....:hehe:
And we've derailed a thread once again ??? okay back to the subject matter. My bad op ??

Under a county 'Stay-at-Home' directive here in Houston. High-risk category for me. Only reason for going out is grocery re-supply. Ordered a small chest freezer online from one of the home improvement stores. On back order with a projected mid-June delivery. Even that is looking 'iffy' now. Rx up to date with a plus-up in the mail.

Regarding RC: back yard grass track is up and running on schedule. Having five STs to choose from keeps me occupied. Backed off buying and selling of accessories and/or spares of any kind for now and until China gets a hot wash, rinse and repeat.

Looking like RCTalk is a good place to hang out - Stay safe guys and gals. 'AC'

Under a county 'Stay-at-Home' directive here in Houston. High-risk category for me. Only reason for going out is grocery re-supply. Ordered a small chest freezer online from one of the home improvement stores. On back order with a projected mid-June delivery. Even that is looking 'iffy' now. Rx up to date with a plus-up in the mail.

Regarding RC: back yard grass track is up and running on schedule. Having five STs to choose from keeps me occupied. Backed off buying and selling of accessories and/or spares of any kind for now and until China gets a hot wash, rinse and repeat.

Looking like RCTalk is a good place to hang out - Stay safe guys and gals. 'AC'
Having your own track sounds like a blast! FIVE SCTs! wow!

btw I'm not planning to go out and race while COVID-19 is a problem, the tracks are shut down and my truck isn't ready

btw I'm not planning to go out and race while COVID-19 is a problem, the tracks are shut down and my truck isn't ready

Probably the prudent decision. Lots of us in that situation.

Guys (and Gals), if you have any room to spare in the back yard, it is possible to fit a track in. Example, my track: 16ft x 40ft, just under a scale 1/4 mile oval. And for April, its going even smaller to a scale 1/8 mile oval to run a replica speedway event. At 33 (2ft) paces, it'll be ~ 16 x 30. Paced it off today for a close cut next week after the coming rains pass. What I've found is that it does not take a big track to have a race. Write or craft a rules package to keep yourself "honest", and great fun can be had.

For lap times, my track uses the up timer feature on the radio with an old school mechanical stop watch as back-up. A bit cumbersome, but it works for me.

Times like these, racing and planning for the next race here at home helps keep my sanity. Cheers. 'AC'

As if the virus wasn't enough, we had a 6.4 earthquake in Idaho yesterday 3/31. Pretty crazy...

Guys (and Gals), if you have any room to spare in the back yard, it is possible to fit a track in.
I could definitely build a nice track with jumps and wall rides and all that, I have the tools know how to use them, but the dumb neighborhood board is real bullshit, they literally fined us $500 because our the trash/recycling bins weren't in the garage. they also kicked somebody's grandparents out of the neighborhood because their RV wasn't parked in the garage and there was some rule saying that RVs and boats had to be in the garage, I can 110% guarantee that whoever made that rule didn't own an RV or boat.

I could definitely build a nice track with jumps and wall rides and all that, I have the tools know how to use them, but the dumb neighborhood board is real bullshit, they literally fined us $500 because our the trash/recycling bins weren't in the garage. they also kicked somebody's grandparents out of the neighborhood because their RV wasn't parked in the garage and there was some rule saying that RVs and boats had to be in the garage, I can 110% guarantee that whoever made that rule didn't own an RV or boat.

We had the same deal in our little spec on the map ,in fact ,our town was just recently added on to the map!....LOL

We can't have boats & RV's parked in are own drive ways ,an just recently ,the city was complaining about are vehicles
parked on the street collecting spider web ,I have 3 vehicles.

All of the city officials dont even live in this city ,they live in the bigger city ,an their property here is the worst looking as
they are also trying to clamp down on how clean the peoples yards look as well!

Right now with the virus episode ,more people here is starting to clean & fix up their house though ,I am hearing
more activity going on around my neighborhood ,lawns being cut an hammering noises.

Yesterday ,I got out an mowed my yard ,an I have to do a little fence repair were the neighbor an us had a brick wall
built between us ,I still have to tie our wooden fence in where they meet!....:cool: