Getting back to running MGT 4.6

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok no worries! and if you don't want to part with them completely understandable! spare parts are always good to have on hand!
getting your grandkids into RCing i hope :)

ok no worries! and if you don't want to part with them completely understandable! spare parts are always good to have on hand!
getting your grandkids into RCing i hope :)

Nah ,I am willing to part wit a couple of them ,but I want to atleast keep one ,I went out to the shed an looked at
my other trucks ,they both have the original ,an I thought that I had MIP's on one of them ,but I will look tomorrow
an see theres any more laying around ,there should be a few rears!....:cool:

well thought i had an idea, and looked into the rival axles, has a 17mm hex on it factory. but that seems to be tougher to find than regular mgt ones, so scratch that. wanted to run the truck today after work but way to cold out there... hitting single digits and don't want to stress plastic that doesn't need to be.

well thought i had an idea, and looked into the rival axles, has a 17mm hex on it factory. but that seems to be tougher to find than regular mgt ones, so scratch that. wanted to run the truck today after work but way to cold out there... hitting single digits and don't want to stress plastic that doesn't need to be.

I was scanning the E-bay last night ,an came across another brand that produced some aftermarket parts ,it was
RD logics ,I don't know if they still make parts ,I have to do research!

LOL...I was looking through my parts a while ago ,an I came across these rare hop-up parts ,the one head is
my first upgrade on my Ae.28 engine when I bought my Mgt. in early 2000.

It is a Nova racing head ,an is rare! I only have two Nova products ,I also have the engine mount!

LOL...I was looking through my parts a while ago ,an I came across these rare hop-up parts ,the one head is
my first upgrade on my Ae.28 engine when I bought my Mgt. in early 2000.

It is a Nova racing head ,an is rare! I only have two Nova products ,I also have the engine mount!

That is awesome! piece of history right there though! looks to be in really good shape too, little dirty maybe but no gouges or anything
does that head have 6 bolt holes??

That is awesome! piece of history right there though! looks to be in really good shape too, little dirty maybe but no gouges or anything
does that head have 6 bolt holes??

Lol...that head ,I can run for hours an be able to put my hand on it with out burning it!
I had changed engines an quit using it,I don't know yet if it will fit the Hpi 5.9 that I currently run.
I have two 5.9's an a new pist/sleeve in a pkg. ,in which are spares an haven't used!

i remember looking at RD Logics for the alloy parts for the Wheely-King when it first came out, at that time they were the only company that was making good quality links. kind of funny how you forget certain things then all of a sudden comes back to you after someone mentions it lol. i remember seeing their adds in rc car action mags back in the day too

i remember looking at RD Logics for the alloy parts for the Wheely-King when it first came out, at that time they were the only company that was making good quality links. kind of funny how you forget certain things then all of a sudden comes back to you after someone mentions it lol. i remember seeing their adds in rc car action mags back in the day too

LOL...you got that right ,as I see it ,at any cost ,I would certainly snatch up any parts for the MGT. ,it is very well worth it!
If you keep an eye out for those brand parts ,then they may go on sale ,so WATCH OUT for that site that has them!

Here is Nova's Mgt.'s racing engine racing mount ,the adjustment for front to back slide of the engine is on the bottom
of the mount an not at the top were the engine mount flange is!

I had to grind the nuts to fit the channel area to fit the mounting screws to fit ,the engine mount is very RARE!

That engine mount is on my shelf queen as we speak ,an I treid to sell the truck for a $ 100 bucks last summer ,no one was
interested ,an I am glad ,I would have lost BIG TIME!
Here is what people lost out on dirt cheap!....LOL ...For the life of me ,it was pure ignorance that some one didn't jump on it!

I am very glad that no one did!....I was in dire need for funds for a airplane on auction for $ 95 bucks an trying to raise funds
for. This truck was well worth it as I can not bring myself to bash it because it sits an I have other trucks for that!

Yea,this truck was for sale for a $100 dollar bill ,an no one bit!....THAT IS CRAZY!

that mount is crazy!
are those mounting holes to mount both small and big block engines? that is crazy adjustable though! yeah I'm definitely going to start stockpiling replacement parts. want to find a roller but as of yet all i am finding is full trucks. which wouldn't be bad but not really what i need (another project truck). wow!!! no one bit for 100$?? thats really good no one did so you were able to keep it, but damn. lol originally how i found mine was found on ebay someone selling it for cheap and was more impulse than i would like to admit. got the truck for 200$ at the time though. ended up better off than i thought didnt even know what the powerstrokes were at the time. and that most of the parts were aluminum that aren't normally.
don't think i could bash that truck either tbh.
now this may be an odd question... is that the axial .28/.32 engine on there?

Last edited:
DUDE ,that truck that I had put up for sale for a $ 100 bucks ,NO one can match it with a hundred bucks of Axial 28 engine ,the tires an rims
were worth a whopping hundred alone ,not mentioning the VG racing cage in witch was $ 60 bucks by itself!

I THINK THE FOLKS HERE WAS CUM DRUNK when I posted it for a $ 100 bucks an didn't buy it.

I haven't heard of anything stupider over a simple hundred dollar bill!....

Last edited:
The truck is here in the back log of it being for sale ,it is no longer for sale ,as I missed the auction for the airplane
that was up for sale at the time that I wanted it!

that mount is crazy!
are those mounting holes to mount both small and big block engines?

Was probably to deal with the 2 different engines AE put on that truck, the big 8.0 (or some odd heli engine that if I remember right, sucked.) and the normal big block.

I had tried RD Logics cvd's back in the day on my BB maxx. They weren't very good. The bone ears wore down fast. Same with the GPM ones.

that mount is crazy!
are those mounting holes to mount both small and big block engines? that is crazy adjustable though! yeah I'm definitely going to start stockpiling replacement parts. want to find a roller but as of yet all i am finding is full trucks. which wouldn't be bad but not really what i need (another project truck). wow!!! no one bit for 100$?? thats really good no one did so you were able to keep it, but damn. lol originally how i found mine was found on ebay someone selling it for cheap and was more impulse than i would like to admit. got the truck for 200$ at the time though. ended up better off than i thought didnt even know what the powerstrokes were at the time. and that most of the parts were aluminum that aren't normally.
don't think i could bash that truck either tbh.
now this may be an odd question... is that the axial .28/.32 engine on there?

Yea ,it was complete ,less radio gear /servo's!

Back