Getting back to running MGT 4.6

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was probably to deal with the 2 different engines AE put on that truck, the big 8.0 (or some odd heli engine that if I remember right, sucked.) and the normal big block.

I had tried RD Logics cvd's back in the day on my BB maxx. They weren't very good. The bone ears wore down fast. Same with the GPM ones.

My basher seen 2 of the 8.0 engines ,they blew ,I did not want a 28 size because I wanted more big power!

The Hpi 36 5.9 was the perfect displacement for the added weight ratio to my truck that I wanted ,howevever ,
the 8.0 was tricky an to figure out the tune in its time!

Might still reconsider on selling it though ,it is still sitting , It will as is the way it is ,but with out the Hardcore purple
bumper braces ,an Nova engine mount!
Those parts will be replaced with the original though ,an there will be a part added in its place ,the Axial engine
would be included!

There would not be no Ebay funds ,it would be a straight U.S postal money order!

Any deal that goes bad would be revealed on this forum!...:cool:

if you do decide to sell, definitely let me know!
right now i know i wont be able to afford it, as doctors bills for the wife, and school payments. but soon here i may be able to.
its interesting i was looking in the for sale/trade forums and saw your add shortly before i joined the forum but saw was a no-sale and was bummed that it was over, too funny.
i just thought it was interesting that i have a similar engine on mine. mine is the .28 Spec 2s though. that looks like yours could be the RR?
but yeah keep me in the loop on that if you do decide to try to sell again.

if you do decide to sell, definitely let me know!
right now i know i wont be able to afford it, as doctors bills for the wife, and school payments. but soon here i may be able to.
its interesting i was looking in the for sale/trade forums and saw your add shortly before i joined the forum but saw was a no-sale and was bummed that it was over, too funny.
i just thought it was interesting that i have a similar engine on mine. mine is the .28 Spec 2s though. that looks like yours could be the RR?
but yeah keep me in the loop on that if you do decide to try to sell again.

Well ,after that an really thinking about it ,....you would ask yourself ,WOW ,that Guy is really stupid for selling that at that
price!.....
But ,if you think about it ,the people were stupid-ER for not buying it at that price!.....uh ah ah....

I mean ,....come on ,REALLY ,....A good used engine is 50 bucks ,a new AE Mgt. truck is $ 450.00 bucks!

Roll cage ,an I think it has reverse ,can't remember if I had left the reverse in it or added the FWD only kit
in it or not an check out those bead lock Axial rims,but either way you look at the deal ,it was WINNER WINNER ......ah ,a chicken dinner!

Ah....F----- my head spinning!

that mount is crazy!
are those mounting holes to mount both small and big block engines? that is crazy adjustable though! yeah I'm definitely going to start stockpiling replacement parts. want to find a roller but as of yet all i am finding is full trucks. which wouldn't be bad but not really what i need (another project truck). wow!!! no one bit for 100$?? thats really good no one did so you were able to keep it, but damn. lol originally how i found mine was found on ebay someone selling it for cheap and was more impulse than i would like to admit. got the truck for 200$ at the time though. ended up better off than i thought didnt even know what the powerstrokes were at the time. and that most of the parts were aluminum that aren't normally.
don't think i could bash that truck either tbh.
now this may be an odd question... is that the axial .28/.32 engine on there?

Any more ,it is rare to find an Mgt. roller on E-bay ,I use to buy full rollers with out engines for $ 75 bucks ,hence....all the parts
that I have!

Now these days ,you find 1 or 2 trucks for $200 or better ,an that is with out upgrades or history ,an or lied to ,saying
it has upgrades!

Remember Pawn stars when Chumlee bought that Rc Mt.,that was a AE Mgt. an the guy said it had hop-ups all
through the truck!
That GUY was a liar ,There not one upgrade done to that truck ,it was BONE STOCK!

This is an upgraded truck that I have!

Lol...I have to break the engine in still ,but getting ready to buy fuel!

got em both out and got the radios trimmed.
The JR Racing XS3 has way to many settings lol took me so long to get the trims figured out and the channel mixers corrected.
hopefully run them this weekend if its not too cold!

Attachments

• Both trucks.jpg
    Both trucks.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 75
and that truck looks awesome!!! so much Alu. lol very beautiful!

got em both out and got the radios trimmed.
The JR Racing XS3 has way to many settings lol took me so long to get the trims figured out and the channel mixers corrected.
hopefully run them this weekend if its not too cold!

What truck is that with Losi body?

that is a Losi LST, its kinda strange and I'm curious if the guy before me had tried getting into racing or something because it seems like he tried upgrading some of it to an LST2 minus shocks and diffs. fun truck though!

that is a Losi LST, its kinda strange and I'm curious if the guy before me had tried getting into racing or something because it seems like he tried upgrading some of it to an LST2 minus shocks and diffs. fun truck though!

Ah ,yea ,The tires & wheels threw me off ,they look like that they went to the Losi muggy that my sister had!

That truck was cool ,but ,I had convinced her to down size the wheel & tire size to a regular racing truggy size!
I had put my Mantis wheels on it to show her ,an boy ,it really made a difference in performance ,it was faster
an more agile then those bulky aukward wheels ,an it was also easier on the steering servo's ,in which I talked
her into buying a better high torque servo an eliminating the use of two.

That Muggy was awesome an fast after those changes!

I'm wanting to get a bit smaller tires i think, i personally only have run the truck through 3 tanks. was another of those impulse buys that the price was wayy too good to pass up.
but ended up putting them away soon after.
I'm gonna run it how it is a bit then work my way to get it how i want it. probably eventually going to put these tires on the MGT and get some smaller tires for this thing, i think the ones on here are 40 series but ill have to double check.

I'm wanting to get a bit smaller tires i think, i personally only have run the truck through 3 tanks. was another of those impulse buys that the price was wayy too good to pass up.
but ended up putting them away soon after.
I'm gonna run it how it is a bit then work my way to get it how i want it. probably eventually going to put these tires on the MGT and get some smaller tires for this thing, i think the ones on here are 40 series but ill have to double check.

Yea they are huge ,that is what they put stock on the Muggy version ,an I think that the Muggy had bigger an beefier diffs
an housing an nothing enter changed with the LST's ,however ,I've only seen those an never had one ,but did most of the
tuning an repairs on her Muggy!

This is my Mantis ,you can see the tires & wheels!

was always curious on those mantis trucks, the brand was unfamiliar so i probably overlooked quite a few of them. they look fun though!

was always curious on those mantis trucks, the brand was unfamiliar so i probably overlooked quite a few of them. they look fun though!

Its old an discontinued ,this one here is nearly new ,I have to be carful as parts are limited!
It is like the Hpi ,Ofna truggies ,it has the Axial 28 engine on it!

I got it cheap much like you did with yours ,an couldn't pass up ,especially knowing that it only had a few break-in tanks
an it didn't even touch the ground!

I have been scanning Ebay for more parts ,man they are more scarce than I thought!

I got the G-kids again today ,but after they leave ,I will trim that plate up ,I have it mounted on a piece of wood getting
it ready right now!

those axial .28s are pretty nice so far in my experience. they aren't hard to control powerful but definitely doesn't lack power in any case that I've run into. and so far tuning is really easy. i still have yet to threadlock the MSN, but hasnt posed an issue yet, and I've been watching its position to make sure its rotation/depth doesn't change.

Edit: though i do sort of wish i had found a silver cooling head one to fit into the truck a bit better. but at the time all they had in stock was green. the truck is about a shade away from looking like a rainbow unicorn anyways i guess with the GPM blue, AE blue, and purple.

those axial .28s are pretty nice so far in my experience. they aren't hard to control powerful but definitely doesn't lack power in any case that I've run into. and so far tuning is really easy. i still have yet to threadlock the MSN, but hasnt posed an issue yet, and I've been watching its position to make sure its rotation/depth doesn't change.

Edit: though i do sort of wish i had found a silver cooling head one to fit into the truck a bit better. but at the time all they had in stock was green. the truck is about a shade away from looking like a rainbow unicorn anyways i guess with the GPM blue, AE blue, and purple.

Those axial 28's ,believe it or not ,the Hpi K series engine like the 5.9 shares the same internal o-way starter bearing ,I can
see if any of the heads fit ,I should have some old Ae. 28 heads laying some where.

I like stripping the blue iodine color off the aluminum ,some rides just don't look good with color!
I always liked that Ae.28 engine though ,it wasn't a whole lot of power ,but it was very reliable an easy to tune ,they
came out with two types of carb.s though ,first one did not come out with the mix meter setting ,that's the one that
I like ,an I actually run the Ae 28 carb on my Ofna hyper engine ,it freakin works great ,better than that composite type
in which they tend to leak like a siff!
I want to eventually see if that carb will fit on my 5.9 engine ,but I can't get the carb off ,I've trid several times over
the years!....

http://www.ebaystores.com/Hi-iQ-Telecom-Ltd?_fsub=13&
Found this site for hop ups, some parts are spendy but some seem like decent deals, they have titanium center shafts and drive cups even!

I think that I seen that site ,but didn't post it ,those prices ....UHG

Those skid plates isn't a bad deal though ,maybe one of these days they will put some out on auction ,
surely they don't sell too much!

yeah the original to me engine on this truck was the HPI 4.6K which is pretty much the Axial .28 spec, just different porting slots and sizes/locations. i still have the K4.6 but its up in Alaska at the moment and I'm in the lower 48. brand new in box i had a really hard time trying to get the carb off the block on the axial. i tried more recently and have yet to separate... i just cleaned with the carb on.
always wondered on the stock engine for the MGT, but that chance has not arisen to me. the MGT i own is the first and only one i've seen physically.
yeah the prices are alot. 40$ for a set of titanium center shafts doesn't seem bad though.
the slider shafts would be nice to try but don't think i could bring myself to buy them at that price
i bought my LST for less than that!!!

Back